how do you all handle user upgrades for folks who want to pay by check?

cwe

So, I've got a forum full of folks that want to send me money to upgrade their accounts. But they don't want to use PayPal/Stripe/etc. They want to send me personal checks.

I don't mind handling personal checks, but I don't want to have to manually track expiration dates for members' upgraded accounts. I don't see any way to manually add an entry to the active users table.

How do you all handle this situation?

I wouldn't do that, sounds like way too much overhead for the check.

There's plenty of ways to take eChecks these days, ACH. They enter the routing and bank number and you should be able to pull. I think square offers it. probably chex too.

You go to the user upgrade page in the Admin CP, select "action" and from the drop down, "manually upgrade user", you can properly give someone a subscription that'll expire in months or years, depending on what they're paying for.
Personally, I wouldn't deal with this. Because there could be fraudulent checks, and it just seems like such a hassle.

They can pay directly with their debit/credit through PayPal, there's an additional processing fee if they're doing so without a proper PayPal account.

We run by donation rather than paid upgrades and I have taken the odd cheque. Unfortunately, Canadian banks charge rather exorbitant fees for e-transfer unless you're in a premium account and most of my users don't have PayPal (but I do so do offer it as an option) so some prefer to use good old-fashioned cheques still.

You go to the user upgrade page in the Admin CP, select "action" and from the drop down, "manually upgrade user", you can properly give someone a subscription that'll expire in months or years, depending on what they're paying for.
today-show-newscast.gif

Top Bottom