What is your opinion of SOPA?

Wikipedia said 5 hours ago they're moving away from GoDaddy, despite GD's latest announcement, I hope they are not as dumb as some people and realize GoDaddy only publicly says they won't support it (but then of course still do).

Good example of Google News ... and it's concentration on "Newer stuff".
godaddy.pulls.its.support.of.SOPA.webp

The New information displayed ahead of GoDaddy's own site.
But the Paid ad was still on top. :)

I call BS. They are just trying to stop the bleeding. I would still move my domains no matter what they say now. For them to even THINK about supporting that bill...that just tells you what kind of people they are.

Yeah, I'm in the process of moving my domains right now too...

I do have some questions though. Will my website go down during the transfer? My website is hosted at KnownHost.com.

As well, what about my email? My email is currently with GoDaddy and I will be moving that to NameCheap as well. Will my email continue to function during the domain transfer?

Publicly they no longer support SOPA, but I imagine privately they still do. Either way, I'm still moving away from them. The fact that they change their stance on a subject based on what the public thinks of them, rather than their own motives and obligations, makes me trust them even less.

I call BS. They are just trying to stop the bleeding. I would still move my domains no matter what they say now. For them to even THINK about supporting that bill...that just tells you what kind of people they are.
Calculated PR move indeed. They still have official congressional support on SOPA at this time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/npair/godaddy_has_not_withdrawn_its_official/

I recently changed my Whois info (as advised) before trying to start the transfer process, and afterward in Godaddy's CP when I went to get the auth code, it said "transfer locked until 2/23/11" due to "contact information change" - so I might be stuck with godaddy for a couple months, but I hope not. I requested the code anyway and received it, unlocked the domain and began the transfer process at NameCheap. I doubt it will go through, but NameCheap says it'll refund the $ if it fails. We'll see I suppose... if it works I'll do the rest of my domains pronto.

Yeah, I'm in the process of moving my domains right now too...

I do have some questions though. Will my website go down during the transfer? My website is hosted at KnownHost.com.

As well, what about my email? My email is currently with GoDaddy and I will be moving that to NameCheap as well. Will my email continue to function during the domain transfer?
no mine didn't..

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/npair/godaddy_has_not_withdrawn_its_official/

I recently changed my Whois info (as advised) before trying to start the transfer process, and afterward in Godaddy's CP when I went to get the auth code, it said "transfer locked until 2/23/11" due to "contact information change" - so I might be stuck with godaddy for a couple months, but I hope not. I requested the code anyway and received it, unlocked the domain and began the transfer process at NameCheap. I doubt it will go through, but NameCheap says it'll refund the $ if it fails. We'll see I suppose... if it works I'll do the rest of my domains pronto.

I have two domain names at GoDaddy, I need to change for a friend how did you do it exactly?

Does SOPA apply to all .com domains? Can they prosecute outside US borders?

US government is going from bad to worse IMO.

Top Bottom