What is your opinion of SOPA?

I only have one domain with them (Got it with the .99 cent coupon), and was already planning on moving after the 3 months is up.

GoDaddy is the worst host on the net...

Unfortunately, my domains are with them, and I don't feel like transfering them somewhere else.

I host my websites through KnownHost.com and I love them.

I bought my first domain on Namecheap.com today. I like their domain management area a lot better than Godaddy already.

NameCheap.com discount if you want to transfer: BYEBYEGD

Name.com has "NODADDY" for 10% off transfer ins (COM, NET, ORG, TV, INFO, IN, US, CO, ME & TEL) and also receive 40% off any of our hosting plans. They also oppose sopa:http://blog.name.com/2011/12/getting-on-our-sopa-box-and-saving-you-money/

HostGator is doing 50% off Shared / Reseller / VPS first month. Coupon code: NOSOPAhttp://blog.hostgator.com/2011/12/22/sopa-must-die/
via reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/nmnie/godaddy_supports_sopa_im_transferring_51_domains/

Not sure what other relevant / useful information is in the comments, just throwing this out there for others.

I just transferred all my domain on black friday to namecheap:) And my VPS server is with Knownhost.com they are awesome..
Yeah... knownhost has not once... NEVER upsold me. I started on a $35 a month server... now I'm running a $110 a month server. They never once told me "you need to upgrade your server"; I upgraded only after I determined that I had to do it. Their support is excellent and they are very patient with me.

GoDaddy on the other hand, when I was hosted by them; the service was always bad, and anytime I had any issues they answer was ALWAYS "you need to upgrade to a VPS"..

Yeah... knownhost has not once... NEVER upsold me. I started on a $35 a month server... now I'm running a $110 a month server. They never once told me "you need to upgrade your server"; I upgraded only after I determined that I had to do it. Their support is excellent and they are very patient with me.

GoDaddy on the other hand, when I was hosted by them; the service was always bad, and anytime I had any issues they answer was ALWAYS "you need to upgrade to a VPS"..
You don't host with a registrar, and you don't register through a host (Unless it's bundled as a free domain).

The only time I will buy anything on GoDaddy is when they have a very cheap special, and then I transfer the domain close to when it expires.

You don't host with a registrar, and you don't register through a host (Unless it's bundled as a free domain).

The only time I will buy anything on GoDaddy is when they have a very cheap special, and then I transfer the domain close to when it expires.

GoDaddy = host + registrar.

Domain Register = NameCheap.
Shared Hosting = NameCheap.

Domain Register = NameCheap.
Shared Hosting = NameCheap.

You can use both, and not as some bundle package were they throw in the domain picked with the hosting. I run both my domain and hosting with them separately, pointing my domain towards the hosting package used with them I only rented much later on, years.

i have 2 domaisn with godaddy and have my dedicated server in usa. However if SOPA/PIPA get passed i will my move domains to european domain registrar and my dedicated hositng to canada

I'm going to give namecheap a trial. Godaddy gets more expensive just about every time I check. I have been with them since 2000 or so.

Jeff

BTW, I'm really upset anytime ANY big game animal is killed, but I'm particularly fond of elephants.

SOPA - Making the internet useless for everyone except the criminals.
or
Seriously Oppress People Administation

what to do now...?

Hmm....ill think about it over the holidays. More than likely if their position does not change I will be leaving with the tons of domains I have on all my accounts with them.

I don't care what bob parsons does in his spare time...nor do I care what he blogs about, I am a hunter myself so whatever to all that noise. Half of the people who defend wild animals don't take into account that an animal will kill you with no remorse and many of those people would rather see a human suffer than an animal. It reminds me of the anti abortion crowd that will fight over what is in your womb to keep you from having an abortion yet at the same time when the child is born they are not the people who go help financially with the child. Once your born your on your own.

Everyone has an agenda, hunting has nothing to do with godaddy....this issue is about the rights of humans and nothing more.

And before anyone says I hate animals or any dumb crap that like that I would like you to meet one of my little friends...he is a little nuts...but then again so am I....
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy Holidays everyone. See yah in a couple of days.

I've used godaddy for a number of domains in the past because they were cheap. Their control panel is HIDEOUS! Luckily for me, the sites didn't work out and I've never used them since. If I did still have domains with them, I'd be moving them to Namecheap where I've had my main domain for 6 years now. Best registrar I've used thus far (and I've tried 2 or 3 others, but it's been so long I can't recall their names now).

I use KnownHost also and they are awesome.

GoDaddy support is a joke. I don't remember what the issue was as it was while back but their support told me to use "my favorite search engine." After that we just moved on.

Top Bottom