What is the cron/task dependant on?

From what I read earlier, it's a normal cron based system that runs every 24 hours or so. I see not evidence in the source that they are doing a page-load-based system.

No, it's using the page load system. With the configurability of the tasks and the need to be able to add new ones as necessary, it generally doesn't make sense to use a system cron task.

No, it's using the page load system. With the configurability of the tasks and the need to be able to add new ones as necessary, it generally doesn't make sense to use a system cron task.

oops, ok. I assume it's handled in a php include, rather than calling of an image which vB does?

Will there at least be support for being able to push a cron script to the crontab?
Even if it is as simple as wget/curling a url, or running a generic cron handler every 5~ min.

I suppose it could hold up the onload event/give you an "in progress" icon for a while, but otherwise it shouldn't effect the page. I did think about using ajax, but it didn't seem worthwhile at the time. It'd probably be trivial to add.

Top Bottom