What is the best blog addon BESIDES Bob's?

jr777

I spoke to Bob, and his blog addon for 2.0 is too far out for me to consider it. I really need to add a blog to my forum (it's critical actually) before I launch, and the site is pretty much ready to go as soon as XF 2.0 is officially released.

So Bob's addon being unavailable, what is the best blog addon that will be available for 2.0 in the near future?

What about Wordpress? Is there a bridge for WP and XF that would integrate them so that my users could post comments without having to register on both sites?

I'm sure once XF2 stable is released will see more addons surface. But until then... More waiting is required :D

There is this Wordpress bridge, which mostly works as desired. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenword-pro.2775/
Might be a solution, but this scares me:

Please register on XenWord.com. I'm a school teacher and not a professional programmer. XenWord was created because my site needed a bridge. There is no company staff. There is no corporate boardroom. Please be respectful of time. Praise is always welcome.

Support is limited to the operation of the bridge and does not involve theme or WordPress support. You are the expert for your site. XenWord is the starting point and not the endpoint.

For the prices he's charging I would expect some degree of competency and more customer support than "praise is always welcome."o_O

We use the addon on a site with over 10,000,000 posts and it works fine. The only issue we've encountered is that for some reason, the first time you go to /wp-admin, it redirects you back to XF, I assume to set the login cookie. If you then visit /wp-admin again, it logs you in just fine. User integration is tight, avatars auto update, new posts can create a thread in XF, and comments in that thread show up as comments on the WP side. It's pretty configurable and like I said, mostly works fine.

Reactions: LPH
We use the addon on a site with over 10,000,000 posts and it works fine. The only issue we've encountered is that for some reason, the first time you go to /wp-admin, it redirects you back to XF, I assume to set the login cookie. If you then visit /wp-admin again, it logs you in just fine. User integration is tight, avatars auto update, new posts can create a thread in XF, and comments in that thread show up as comments on the WP side. It's pretty configurable and like I said, mostly works fine.
Can I take a look at your site?

Bob's.

Nothing comes close for XF1. Better to wait for his XF2 version than to go through the pain of installing an inferior product.
I already talked to Bob, and his blog addon is not available right now for new purchases. He said he plans on making the 2.0 version more available, but he doesn't have an ETA on its release, although he did say it would be more than a few months.

I already talked to Bob, and his blog addon is not available right now for new purchases. He said he plans on making the 2.0 version more available, but he doesn't have an ETA on its release, although he did say it would be more than a few months.

I've been waiting for his blog add-on to be released but as of today it hasn't been. I don't know if we need to wait any longer...

Top Bottom