What is Cloudflare ? How does it help webmasters ?

Hi,

Shouldn't be an issue because we have multiple datacenters in the area (most likely should be served by the EU datacenters).

Easiest way to check is if you do a traceroute from your machine to your domain (CloudFlare has to be enabled).

is there a problem with the dashboard statistics ... it shows me 35 - 44 Pageviews for the last two hours (this is normaly the peak time) and as there are 40 ppl on the board i cant belive that everyone is just doing 1 click / h ...

thank you damon, we moved the board yesterday and i totally forgot. great service to have you here, much easier than searching the cloudflare faq.

Seems any site I try to access which uses cloudflare will have a 50% chance of getting this error on every request:

nc0w.png

This is entirely exclusive to cloudflare enabled sites, and using a proxy solves the problem.

The problem has been ongoing for at least a month.

Seems any site I try to access which uses cloudflare will have a 50% chance of getting this error on every request:

nc0w.png

This is entirely exclusive to cloudflare enabled sites, and using a proxy solves the problem.

The problem has been ongoing for at least a month.

Hi,
Hmmm...that message is actually coming directly from the site's server and not CloudFlare.

Hi,
Hmmm...that message is actually coming directly from the site's server and not CloudFlare.

If all traffic goes through cloudflare, then why does a proxy fix it?

And keep in mind this is not just one site it happens on. All over the place I'm seeing sites where I have to Ctrl+F5 several times to get the site to render correctly, then I look at the Server header and see cloudflare-nginx every time. If only FoxyProxy could filter by arbitrary headers :(

Since this seems to be a routing-related issue, if you need any IP/traceroute/etc from me, let me know via PM :)

If all traffic goes through cloudflare, then why does a proxy fix it?

And keep in mind this is not just one site it happens on. All over the place I'm seeing sites where I have to Ctrl+F5 several times to get the site to render correctly, then I look at the Server header and see cloudflare-nginx every time. If only FoxyProxy could filter by arbitrary headers :(

Since this seems to be a routing-related issue, if you need any IP/traceroute/etc from me, let me know via PM :)

A traceroute from your machine to the domain would be good (also need the source IP). Where are you located?

Definitely a concern if cloudflare-nginx is showing.

A traceroute from your machine to the domain would be good (also need the source IP). Where are you located?

Definitely a concern if cloudflare-nginx is showing.

I'm in the UK, but then again so is the server I am proxying through which works fine.

P.S. Is this happening today? We have had some issues in a couple of datacenters this morning.

It's likely been an issue from the start, but I have noticed it more and more over the past month or so as more sites I frequent begin using Cloudflare.

Also I've PM'd you IP and traceroute details :)

Every site that used cloudflare I visit has downtime due to cloudflare related issues, I would not recommend them to anyone... :)

Most people will never need a CDN, and if you do, get a real CDN.

Every site that used cloudflare I visit has downtime due to cloudflare related issues, I would not recommend them to anyone... :)

I have never experienced any downtime, the only time I had downtime was because of issues related to my server. CloudFlare is also in Beta don't forget ;). Oh and my last point, I don't think CloudFlare is just a CDN, possibly one of their major roles, yes but not the entire purpose, I have never seen a CDN with the kind of security CloudFlare offers.

The bulk of the site offline issues, barring a brief system issue, actually has to do with one of the following:

1. The server is actually having issues.
2. CloudFlare IPs are being blocked or limited at the host or server level.

If we have a brief issue in one datacenter, it means ALL other datacenters are still up and running across the network. This means that not all site visitors are going to be having issues accessing the site.

Even hosting providers have brief issues like this.

I have never experienced any downtime, the only time I had downtime was because of issues related to my server. CloudFlare is also in Beta don't forget ;). Oh and my last point, I don't think CloudFlare is just a CDN, possibly one of their major roles, yes but not the entire purpose, I have never seen a CDN with the kind of security CloudFlare offers.

CloudFlare is actually a CDN as well because CloudFlare caches static content and distributes it to CloudFlare datacenters.

Top Bottom