What if you have 2133 add-ons installed? Is that bad?

How Many Add-ons Do You Have Installed?

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-30

• 31-50

• 51-100

• 100+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Welder

There are so many good add-ons here at xenforo.com in the "Resources" that it's really tough not to install a bunch.

I was just wondering if your site gets slower based on the more add-ons that you install? What about security? Is your site more susceptible to attack/ hack with the more add-ons installed? Or does installing add-ons really have very little affect on your site? May even better it's performance?

Last edited:
Had over 100 at one stage, now 60 odd.

My advice is to not be dependent on addons that dont really add anything to the site/experience for your users. If majority of your users dont know about it or how to use it, it most likely pointless.

Another thing to remember is that a lot of the addons are likely to be obsolete/not updated when XF2 comes around.

The less dependency on addons the better.

I was just wondering if your site gets slower based on the more add-ons that you install?
Depends how much load it generates, but yeah performance is little bit effected but it's not too much. Also if the quality of addon is good then you will not even notice the change.

What about security? Is your site more susceptible to attack/ hack with the more add-ons installed?

Depends on the add-on code. If it's vulnerable anybody can hack into your website but most of addon here are mostly reviewed by users think so.

Or does installing add-ons really have very little affect on your site? May even better it's performance?
Very little effect, better performance never seen :p

Anyhow as @tajhay said you should be less dependent on add-ons, as some of the add-ons may break with xenforo upgrade to newer version.

Got 10 add-ons installed so far. Plan on installing more when the site needs it.

Most of them are small add-ons and others are bigger like the news portal we have.

Some of my add-ons offer better performance, often by implementing different techniques which offer better performance in a spesific configuration or re-implementing with slightly less functionality but better performance.

Maybe I am the only one who never tried your addons ( performance one) :p lol, anyway i will check them out when have some time ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom