What I think Xenforo needs

Hi,
my xenforo license expire not so much time ago.
First, my site is a clan site for my guild, without ads ( cause TS3 licence), without a large amount of user.
All of my guildmate, me too, appreciate xenforo, really a lot.
But as administrator of my forum i find a lot of trouble managing all my xenforo license.

I'm registered on Audentio for style, http://support.cliptheapex.com/ for CTA, some other 2 site for other 2 plugin + media gallery of xenforo.
I have only 4/5 plugin total that need a site to register and validate me for update and pay the renew of it.
All year renew plugin are not in xenforo resource manager (70% of premiun plugin) . Even the media gallery and the xenforo itself are in the resource manager.
I think i'll not pay anymore for all of this plugin.
I like it all, but i hate to have to manage everything like it, they are not separate from my xenforo installation.
I would like just one item shop, just one resource manager on xenforo, that manage my plugin, and i can buy it on them, like on my smartphone account :p
It's not easy, but it's what i think xenforo needs, just one Unified Resource Store, with autoupdate from site if you can.

sorry for bad english :(

i hope you understand me
thank you a lot

Implementing payment processing in the Resource Manager is something which has been suggested.

Speaking for myself, even if purchases could be made directly on here and licenses downloaded from here, I would still have the support site.

There are just too many customers and the add-on is too complex to adequately provide support in a single thread.

Having the support site allows me to demonstrate the add-on, people can test the functionality, write guides, get one on one support, etc.

I expect a lot of the "big" add-ons/developers have their own support sites for similar reasons.

Support site is good, even little game app for smartphone have a support site, even if they are sold in app store.
I just say that me as "small" customer i would really like to have only one site to manage my payment and upgrade.
More user friendly. I bought xenforo because is more user friendly and social than all free forum and the vbulletin and invision forum too.
So i like xenforo a lot, but the only negative things is the way i need to manage plugin on xenforo site.
More than a suggestion, is my feedback because i know it's not an easy thing.

IMO the benefit of having one site is outweighed by the increased costs of add-ons. XenForo would have to handle the payment processing which has a cost and they would therefore charge authors of paid add-ons for this. The result is that authors would increase the costs of their add-ons to recoup the cost.

Besides, authors can't be forced to sell their add-ons through this site. Some authors don't and even those with a bad reputation due to piracy and other reasons are still continuing to sell away from here.

Implementing payment processing in the Resource Manager is something which has been suggested.

Speaking for myself, even if purchases could be made directly on here and licenses downloaded from here, I would still have the support site.

There are just too many customers and the add-on is too complex to adequately provide support in a single thread.

Having the support site allows me to demonstrate the add-on, people can test the functionality, write guides, get one on one support, etc.

I expect a lot of the "big" add-ons/developers have their own support sites for similar reasons.
I'd honestly still sell on my site. We (Apantic) Audentio, PixelExit and other companies are all businesses themselves. We'd like explicit product management. I like the way it's done now and there aren't many complaints about it.

The one and only fact whats bad for me personaly - is every new registration on every support site. That sucks a bit.

What I miss here in the Ressource Manager is a more support friendly discussion system with more than one thread for a addon. I mean, it would be better to have three threads for every addon:
- bug reports
- sugestions
- all others

Its in the one or other addon thread a pain to find answers to problems without reading the complete thread... ;)

Thats what I think about. :)

The discussion topics issue could be easily resolved by using prefixes for
Bug Reports
Suggestons
General Comments.
No need to re-invent the wheel and create separate forum nodes for each.

The discussion topics issue could be easily resolved by using prefixes for
Bug Reports
Suggestons
General Comments.
No need to re-invent the wheel and create separate forum nodes for each.

Developers would then need the ability to manage the tags then, to adjust them as needed.

Developers would then need the ability to manage the tags then, to adjust them as needed.
We aren't talking about a full trouble shooting/support site.
All they would have to do in a thread prefixed bug report is state "fixed as of version XX.y or "future fix".

Top Bottom