What happened to XenfyPress and Xenfy.com??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Winter

Over the past week, I put in more than 10 consecutive requests to Xenfy.com for the XenfyPress theme, a theme that mimics the XenForo style for Wordpress.

I followed the instructions to the letter, and supplied all requested information in my requests.
Never got an answer.

This evening, saturday Febr. 5, 2011, I browsed to the Xenfy.com website, and hey, guess what??​
HOSTING ACCOUNT EXPIRED​
The hosting account for xenfy.com expired.​

Xenfy.com_HostingAccountExpired.webp

Right.

Basically, XenfyPress is free. You request it by sending an email to contact AT xenfy.com, and you receive the theme packed in a zip file.
At least, that's what Xenfy's instructions say, on this very website XenForo.com.

Is there anyone who actually succeeded in requesting the XenfyPress theme?

If you do, perhaps you would be so kind to mail me a copy at eric -dot- p -dot- winter at gmail -dot- com.

Thanks!

Your ip was banned Eric. You spammed our account. We un-banned your ip and responded to one of your spam mails. Please read that.

Your ip was banned Eric. You spammed our account. We un-banned your ip and responded to one of your spam mails. Please read that.

Yeah, and rightly so!

I gues YOU would call 7 emails over the course of 10 days: spamming.

Then, when you do decide to respond after 8 days, the first thing that comes to your mind is to BAN the person mailing you.

Who is doing exactly as you invite people to do, as per YOUR EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS, given here.

Wow, you set a whole new standard in dealing with one's fanbase.

I salute you, Sir!

Yeah, and rightly so!

I gues YOU would call 7 emails over the course of 10 days: spamming.

Then, when you do decide to respond after 8 days, the first thing that comes to your mind is to BAN the person mailing you.

Who is doing exactly as you invite people to do, as per YOUR EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS, given here.

Wow, you set a whole new standard in dealing with one's fanbase.

I salute you, Sir!
To be fair... you said at the beginning: "Over the past week, I put in more than 10 consecutive requests to Xenfy.com for the XenfyPress theme,"

If I was releasing a free theme, I wouldn't take too kindly to that. It seems overkill. I can appreciate you maybe wanted to get your hands on it, but, in a 10 day period I think anything more than 3/4 emails would be "excessive" - probably wouldn't warrant an IP ban though :)

To be fair... you said at the beginning: "Over the past week, I put in more than 10 consecutive requests to Xenfy.com for the XenfyPress theme,"

If I was releasing a free theme, I wouldn't take too kindly to that. It seems overkill. I can appreciate you maybe wanted to get your hands on it, but, in a 10 day period I think anything more than 3/4 emails would be "excessive" - probably wouldn't warrant an IP ban though :)

You're right. I said:

Over the past week, I put in more than 10 consecutive requests to Xenfy.com for the XenfyPress theme​
I did not say I sent 10 emails.
I sent my first request on Januari 30th, and repeated that 6 days upto Februari 5.
As I got no answer, I tried other ways of communication, like the contact form on their website.
The reason I repeated my request once every day upto Februari 5 was, that I was not sure they would ever receive my mails as their hosting account expired, as stated above. Perhaps my emails would go into the digital waistbin too.

Then they finally respond on February 7 by writing "...we read all e-mails...".

Ahhh... now I get it. You read all mails, but make your fanbase just wait a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom