What happened to 'Whats New?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you mean what YOUR USERS or what YOU want.... ? Please, please, please stop talking for everyone.
You look like you are talking on behalf of most users... while I don't see any reference to any conducted research or anything that could backup it up.

"I think ... " means "My opinion is that ... " The user is speaking from their point of view, their experience.
This is not a universal statement.
( If you are not familiar with the technical category of 'universals' which comes from formal debate, it means, absolutes, general claims, based either on deductive analysis, or inductive reasoning based on extended evidence.)

A universal statement is signalled by such words as All/ Everyone/ Always/ Never. These should always contain deductive reasoning internal to the information givem, or evidence with sources cited.
The weakness of a universal is it can be refuted by a single contrary instamce.

Where the speaker states "In my opinion ..." or "I think .. " or similar, they are not making a true universal, even if other semiotic signals suggest it, because they have clearly provided a delimter which restricts the scope of their statement to their own perception.

"I think ... " means "My opinion is that ... " The user is speaking from their point of view, their experience.
This is not a universal statement.
( If you are not familiar with the technical category of 'universals' which comes from formal debate, it means, absolutes, general claims, based either on deductive analysis, or inductive reasoning based on extended evidence.)

A universal statement is signalled by such words as All/ Everyone/ Always/ Never. These should always contain deductive reasoning internal to the information givem, or evidence with sources cited.
The weakness of a universal is it can be refuted by a single contrary instamce.

Where the speaker states "In my opinion ..." or "I think .. " or similar, they are not making a true universal, even if other semiotic signals suggest it, because they have clearly provided a delimter which restricts the scope of their statement to their own perception.

I think you like the sound of your own voice far too much :p Sometimes you have some very interesting things to say, but it's totally lost in the waffle you post around it.

I think you like the sound of your own voice far too much :p Sometimes you have some very interesting things to say, but it's totally lost in the waffle you post around it.

Argumentum ad Hominem.
Also there is a difference between 'waffle' and 'thorough analyisis.'

I think this thread is done.

The thread starter has had their question answered and it's obvious that not everyone is going to agree on the new approach.

If you don't like the phrase change from Whats New? to New Threads, simply change it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom