What does 'XenForo Community' discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have just registered at this forum, and I don't know what to be discussed at this forum.

While trying to log in to Android forums with my account, I have found
Our bots are currently hard at work upgrading
Android Forums to Xenforo.

Thus, I have clicked on the Xenforo, which guided me to this forum of yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can post my threads at this forum If I have some problems with my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I, such as: Pairing Samsung Bluetooth with my Laptop's Bluetooth. Also, I need a DLNA client which will work with my mobile model
  • I tried the AnDLNA player which was working with me, however, it couldn't support some file formats.
  • Ginkgo DLNA is not compatible with my Android Samsung model

We develop the software the Android Forums are switching to.

No, you cannot post threads for support with your devices.
This forum is for customers of the XenForo software.
Thanks a lot,
Then can I understand that 'Android forums' are a customer for you. If so, then there are other forums which can be customers for you. I think you are a forum hosting service.
As a result, I cannot ask my own questions here.

I think my account at your forum will not be helpful for me at all.

Thanks a lot,
Then can I understand that 'Android forums' are a customer for you. If so, then there are other forums which can be customers for you. I think you are a forum hosting service.

I think my account at your forum will not be helpful for me at all.
As Brogan said Xenforo is the software that Android forums will be using. So android forums is a coustomer of xenforo.

Funny thing is i was on the website the other day wishing they would move to xf..

Thank you both of you very much indeed,

I think my account at your forum will not be helpful for me at all. Do you think so?

What would individuals be doing at this forum, i.e. what benefits would be reflected on them?

Thank you both of you very much indeed,

I think my account at your forum will not be helpful for me at all. Do you think so?

What would individuals be doing at this forum, i.e. what benefits would be reflected on them?
Unless you own your own website with a forum this may be useless to you.

Unless you own your own website with a forum this may be useless to you.

Thanks a lot,
I wouldn't think that forums can offer websites for users. Thus, what you mean with if not I possess my own website with a forum, this may be useless for me.

I really know that some Web or Blog-Hosting Services can offer or allow users to have their own websites.

I really have a website on webs.com, weebly.com, wordpress.com. Thus, do you think such a website can let this forum useful for me. If so, then could you let me know how?

Thanks a lot,
I wouldn't think that forums can offer websites for users. Thus, what you mean with if not I possess my own website with a forum, this may be useless for me.

I really know that some Web or Blog-Hosting Services can offer or allow users to have their own websites.

I really have a website on webs.com, weebly.com, wordpress.com. Thus, do you think such a website can let this forum useful for me. If so, then could you let me know how?
If you own a website and want to integrade a forum you simply go to the link below, buy XenForo for $140 plus VAT and then you can get support.

https://xenforo.com/purchase/

I am afraid to say I don't get what you said
Do you mean that I can merge my website with a forum.
What he means is that if you would like your site to have a forum you can purchase the forum software here as well as receive support.

If I want to classify this forum, what category can be fit to it?
Forum-Hosting service.
I suppose that you could classify this forum as a 'forum software support forum'.

What he means is that if you would like your site to have a forum you can purchase the forum software here as well as receive support

Thanks a lot,
Yes, I have a site on webs.com. However, I don't have any forum(I don't create it). Then, how can I purchase the forum software as long as I don't have a forum. Does your the forum software will let me create my own forum? If so, do you offer a 30-day free trial.

*The forum software will be installed on my laptop?

Also, I think your forum software needs me to first have a site on a web-hosting service. I really noticed that a Sparklit, which is web services, offers Forum software doesn't need me to have a site on another web-hosting service.

Yes, I have a site on webs.com. However, I don't have any forum(I don't create it). Then, how can I purchase the forum software as long as I don't have a forum. Does your the forum software will let me create my own forum? If so, do you offer a 30-day free trial.
You do not have any forum yet.
You have to have an idea what kind of forum would you like to create.
Buy the XF software to create it on your site.
Also, I think your forum software needs me to first have a site on a web-hosting service.
That's correct.
do you offer a 30-day free trial.
No.

"EQnoble, post: 858853, member: 1321"]What he means is that if you would like your site to have a forum you can purchase the forum software here as well as receive support

Thanks a lot,

The forum software will be installed on my laptop?

Also, I think your forum software needs me to first have a site on a web-hosting service. I really noticed that a Sparklit, which is web services, offers Forum software doesn't need me to have a site on another web-hosting service.

I suppose that you could classify this forum as a 'forum software support forum'.

You do not have any forum yet.
You have to have an idea what kind of forum would you like to create.
Buy the XF software to create it on your site.

Thanks a lot, The downloadable forum software XF will be installed on my laptop, then I lunch it to create my own forum? I couldn't imagine this.

Also, I really noticed that a Sparklit, which is web services, offers Forum software (activeBoard) doesn't need me to have a site on another web-hosting service.

Do I need web hosting in addition to my ActiveBoard account?
No, ActiveBoard provides a complete hosting solution for your forum. ActiveBoard cloud hosting is superior to dedicated and shared hosting and provides more than 99.99% uptime uninterrupted service.

The forum operates on a hosted website. You install the forum software on the website, not on your laptop. You cannot run a publically accessible forum from your laptop/PC, unless your laptop/PC is a web host server.

So if you want to run your own forum, you need a website (meaning, you have to buy a URL/domain like www.thisismywebsite.com) and a website hosting package (a web service that will give you the hardware/software to have the ability to run a website) and then you buy and install Xenforo or whatever else you want on the server.

So if you want to run your own forum, you need a website (meaning, you have to buy a URL/domain like www.thisismywebsite.com) and a website hosting package (a web service that will give you the hardware/software to have the ability to run a website) and then you buy and install Xenforo or whatever else you want on the server.
Thanks a lot,
I really have my own website created on the web-hosting server called 'webs.com'. (NB: my website is only free and created on the domain 'mywebname.webs.com'
Thus, do you think that I need now only to purchase the forum software 'Xenforo' or whatever else I want and install it on the server ''webs.com'' hosting my website.

In addition, you think a forum software such as 'Xenforo' will let me create my forum, or the software package, itself, is designed as a forum and only needs to be installed on the web-hosting server?

Also, do you think that webs.com on which my website is created is a website hosting package?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot,
I really have my own website created on the web-hosting server called 'webs.com'. (NB: my website is only free and created on the domain 'mywebname.webs.com'
Thus, do you think that I need now only to purchase the forum software 'Xenforo' or whatever else I want and install it on the server ''webs.com'' hosting my website.

In addition, you think a forum software such as 'Xenforo' will let me create my forum, or the software package, itself, is designed as a forum and only needs to be installed on the web-hosting server?

Also, do you think that webs.com on which my website is created is a website hosting package?
In order to have a publicly accessible forum like this one you will need a domain, hosting, and license.

We do not offer a downloadable trial but there is an online demo: Admin Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom