What does 'XenForo Community' discuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have just registered at this forum, and I don't know what to be discussed at this forum.

While trying to log in to Android forums with my account, I have found
Our bots are currently hard at work upgrading
Android Forums to Xenforo.

Thus, I have clicked on the Xenforo, which guided me to this forum of yours.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can post my threads at this forum If I have some problems with my Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570I, such as: Pairing Samsung Bluetooth with my Laptop's Bluetooth. Also, I need a DLNA client which will work with my mobile model
  • I tried the AnDLNA player which was working with me, however, it couldn't support some file formats.
  • Ginkgo DLNA is not compatible with my Android Samsung model

You will get access to the Resource Manager without any additional cost. But you will need the XenForo license first.

Thank you both of you

Could you please understand me? I need the XenForo forum interface to be shown in Arabic completely or semi-completely since all the visitors will not know any English. This those add-ons will do this for me. Or this forum will do nothing for me at all.

I need the XenForo forum interface to be shown in Arabic completely or semi-completely since all the visitors will not know any English. This those add-ons will do this for me. Or this forum will do nothing for me at all.

Like what they said previously, you need Xenforo licenses to download all resource in here, including addon and language pack.

Yes, you can have Xenforo in arabic language after you buy Xenforo licence and download arabic language pack and install arabic language pack into your XenForo.

Thank you both of you

Could you please understand me? I need the XenForo forum interface to be shown in Arabic completely or semi-completely since all the visitors will not know any English. This those add-ons will do this for me. Or this forum will do nothing for me at all.
Yes I understand you and what you mean.

Thank you all of you very much indeed,
I would kindly like anyone to address these points for me to finish this thread::

First: For my curiosity, as almost all of us know that no one will pay for a web-hosting service without thinking of earning from their websites, and forum maybe associated with it at least the costs of the web-hosting service, and XenForo forum software.). I really would like now to know what earns will be there from the forum which will be under my website?
For instance, if my domain name is: 'SouthYemen.com'.
Then, I think that the topics to be discussed at the forum under my website will be according to reflect on my domain name. I.e. as long as my website(domain name) is SouthYemen.com, for instance then all threads to be discussed at the forum will be in the politics .
As a result, what earns I will earn from these threads? If no, then how I will be able to pay for the web-hosting service which will be an minimum payment of a month.?
I think that the programmers or companies design software do a website for their products and build a website for their program and improve it with a forum to discuss the customers' issues. Then, They earn money from their site and forum by advertising their products.

However, for my website, which will be 'SouthYemen.com' and the forum associated with, for instance it will not allow me to make advertisements.

Second: Moreover, I think any forum should have quite a lot of admins from all over the word since I'll be exhausted lonely to manage the forum 24/7, then if the forum interface is Arabic language, then the admin who is in an English-speaking country, how could be controlling over the forum and communicate with the users? I think forums have subforums in multi-languages.

Finally:
If I who built the website, and then purchased, installed the XenForo forum software, then I will need another admins all over the word since I lonely will exhaust to manage the forum since the forum should be turning 24/7. Thus, who will be the master of all other admins. I think that I am.

Last edited:
First: For my curiosity, as almost all of us know that no one will pay for a web-hosting service without thinking of earning from their websites, and forum maybe associated with it at least the costs of the web-hosting service, and XenForo forum software.). I really would like now to know what earns will be there from the forum which will be under my website?
Then, I think that the topics to be discussed at the forum under my website will be according to reflect on my domain name. I.e. as long as my website(domain name) is SouthYemen.com, for instance then all threads to be discussed at the forum will be in the politics .
As a result, what earns I will earn from these threads? If no, then how I will be able to pay for the web-hosting service which will be an minimum payment of a month.?
That is something you'll need to figure it out not anyone here.

I think that the programmers or companies design software do a website for their products and build a website for their program and improve it with a forum to discuss the customers' issues. Then, They earn money from their site and forum by advertising their products.
Almost everyone does that. And I don't see how XenForo will be advertising there products O.o.

Second: Moreover, I think any forum should have quite a lot of admins from all over the word since I'll be exhausted lonely to manage the forum 24/7, then if the forum interface is Arabic language, then the admin who is in an English-speaking country, how could be controlling over the forum and communicate with the users? I think forums have subforums in multi-languages.
Are we getting off-topic?

If I who built the website
You should probably take some time to confirm it first :)

Thank you all of you very much indeed,
I would kindly like anyone to address these points for me to finish this thread::

You can't say nobody will... because I'm spending over $325 a month and get very few users and what amounts to no income for any of my forums.... does that bother me? Nope, because I enjoy running the sites and it's a hobby for me.

However, for my website, which will be 'SouthYemen.com' and the forum associated with, for instance it will not allow me to make advertisements.
You can run ad networks on any site.. you just have to be sure your content complies with the ad networks requirements (adsense can be prickly).

Finally: If I who built the website, and then purchased, installed the XenForo forum software, then I will need another admins all over the word since I lonely will exhaust to manage the forum since the forum should be turning 24/7. Thus, who will be the master of all other admins. I think that I am.
Not necessarily. It's not that hard a job and at unless you are EXTREMELY lucky, your forum will not be large shortly after coming online. It will take a while.

You can't say nobody will... because I'm spending over $325 a month and get very few users and what amounts to no income for any of my forums.... does that bother me? Nope, because I enjoy running the sites and it's a hobby for me.

Thanks a lot,
I am awfully afraid to be saying this is unwell-spent money, nobody will be willing to spending. If they were willing , then how would they make their living if they spend their money and their time on enjoying running the sites? Who will feed them if they are going to continue doing this. I don't even see any reasonable reasons that anyone using anything without willing to get some earns from it. Or otherwise, you'll not find any developed countries if their peoples use unwell-spent money.

NB: since I am just a novice home user, and I want to build my website, and add a forum with it for the first time, then I want my forum to be well-known at least in the country living in. I want to only get experience in the web-hosting service.

I have these important points, kindly needed to be confirmed.

1. What size of forum do I have?----I will be answer that my forum is still not constructed? Thus, how to know what size will be.
  2. Is it setup currently and when are you looking at moving to XenFor? -----I will answer it is still not set up. Thus, how to set it up.
  3. How many plug-in's do you use? I will answer I don't know what plug-ins do you mean?
  4. You advise me to use XenForo forum software from now, or I can use another platform which is cheaper, for example vBulletin platform or (free if available). And then, if my forum got well-known, then I will upgrade to XenForo. I really see that the Android forums, which are very famous, have recently upgraded into XenForo. What bout mine which is still even not constructed.

You can run ad networks on any site.. you just have to be sure your content complies with the ad networks requirements (adsense can be prickly).

Yes, I think I can do. But, my website should have a suitable domain name for my website which will let me advertise things. With this domain name "SouthYemen" or "ArabSouth", no opportunities to run ad networks.

Not necessarily. It's not that hard a job and at unless you are EXTREMELY lucky, your forum will not be large shortly after coming online. It will take a while.

Yes, I agree, but I really when visiting some forums, for instance, this one, it is working 24/7. Thus, there must have been more than one admins monitoring the forum.

When I will release my website along with the forum, then it should be monitoring for 24/7 for inappropriate contents. Thus, it needs many admin all over the world. Thus, they will be facing a problem with mixed language.

Last edited:
I am awfully afraid to be saying this is unwell-spent money, nobody will be willing to spending. If they were willing , then how would they make their living if they spend their money and their time on enjoying running the sites? Who will feed them if they are going to continue doing this. I don't even see any reasonable reasons that anyone using anything without willing to get some earns from it. Or otherwise, you'll not find any developed countries if their peoples use unwell-spent money.
In your opinion.

I consider my purchase of XenForo to be money well spent, plus the hosting service I use (Nimbus Hosting).

Not everyone runs a forum to make a living. Probably most people here don't. Some of us don't even cover the costs either. That doesn't matter though, we do it for fun and other reasons beyond financial.

If all you are interested in is making a living then you might as well walk away now. Running a successful website that earns a lot of money will take a heck of a lot of time and effort, plus you will make a loss at the start and possible for the immediate future.

Anyway, this site is for XenForo software, not how to make a living from running a website. As has already Ben said, discussion on thus is best taken to a dedicated site for that purpose.

Thanks a lot,
I don't know very many hobbies that the money is "well spent" in comparison to returns it gets monetarily (personal satisfaction/joy is another matter).
I have already "made" my living after 30 years of service in the public sector that allowed me to retire.
VERY few people make money in forums. If you are looking at it for that, then don't. Because odds of you being successful enough to recoup your expenses and make a profit within months are slim to none.

I don't know very many hobbies that the money is "well spent" in comparison to returns it gets monetarily (personal satisfaction/joy is another matter).
I have already "made" my living after 30 years of service in the public sector that allowed me to retire.
VERY few people make money in forums. If you are looking at it for that, then don't. Because odds of you being successful enough to recoup your expenses and make a profit within months are slim to none.

Thanks a lot, Let me say it in other words. If you open a shop and you didn't even manage to keep the turnover, then you would definitely be closing the shop. The same thing is with the website. Yes, I agree with you that not all websites should return money. However, I know that many forums, even this one, is serving the advertisement for the XenForo software. Or otherwise, all programs will be for free. Thus, who design them will rely on grants and donations from people.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom