What Do You Want Out Of This Product?

I'm looking for speed, efficiency and stability, along with the professionally sleek and sexy look/feel I have found here.

I want something that just works, that doesn't get ever more complicated each time it's upgraded with bloat, and a support structure to back it up, so that if I do get stuck I don't feel like I'm being spoken down to with an underlying tone of an appended "... you moron" to the end of each thing I'm told or asked to do.

1) something that just works great, ever for the more noooob of my users
2) some kind of framework so i can integrate other custom apps fast

that's all.

This might sound really silly, but...

A list of features** the software has - with a very short description regarding implementation techniques, and a few reasons/comments about them. (I realize the comments in the Have You Seen forum contains some of that)

A list of requested features** for the software - with a very short description regarding the status/decision of them (no thanks, use a mod, adds too much bloat, use a template edit), possible implementation techniques, and a few reasons/comments about them.

**Much of that information exists somewhere in these forums. The lists do not need to be comprehensive, maybe the top 20?

This might sound really silly, but...

A list of features** the software has - with a very short description regarding implementation techniques, and a few reasons/comments about them. (I realize the comments in the Have You Seen forum contains some of that)

A list of requested features** for the software - with a very short description regarding the status/decision of them (no thanks, use a mod, adds too much bloat, use a template edit), possible implementation techniques, and a few reasons/comments about them.

**Much of that information exists somewhere in these forums. The lists do not need to be comprehensive, maybe the top 20?

So basically really good documentation?

This is what I wanted before I knew about it. I cater to a somewhat older crowd and the usual stuff can be overwhelming to them. If they are intimidated, they won't be back. That was the first thing I noticed when I came here; clean, simple and understandable UI without "boxes" everywhere, just a simple text page that was easy to navigate.

What Do You Want Out Of This Product?
Hm.. what do I want? [scratching my head]...hm.. you mean what else do I want?..hm...:rolleyes:

Seriously, I just want big corporations leave xenForo alone and let Kier and Mike do their magic. Let them become a giant mom-and-pop shop where everybody is greeted with warm welcome and a smell of freshly baked bread. :)

A fresh and modern feel, light and speedy, flexible allowing integration - a fun community site that focuses around forums and user generated content (news, forums, gallery, blogs, etc.) rather than social networking - exactly what vBulletin 4 promised it was and what IPB 3 does do a reasonably good job. XF is promising most of the first part.

A fresh and modern feel, light and speedy, flexible allowing integration - a fun community site that focuses around forums and user generated content (news, forums, gallery, blogs, etc.) rather than social networking - exactly what vBulletin 4 promised it was and what IPB 3 does do a reasonably good job. XF is promising most of the first part.

Isn't social networking basically user generated content?

I think people need to get it out of their head that social networking is just people posting random sh*t and more people collaborating about things that interest them.

A fast, lean forum machine with social media integration. No cms, no blogs, no gallery. A fun forum for carrying on conversations is all I need or want.

So basically really good documentation?

Not in the normal sense, no.

I was referring to the fundamental decisions of why things were done, they way they were done, in XF. And, even more importantly, what the the status/feedback of the features are requesting such a thread preview/tags.

What I want from xenForo is to be the way it is now, only more so (lol). But what I also really want for the future is:

- Good documentation. I think that is extremely important and should be taken care of well and right from the start
- (more or less) easy Customization. I don't mind learning stuff, but it has to make sense. And sense is what Kier and Mike have heaps of, as is evident here.
- Plugins, plugins, plugins. I'm not worried here. Was it not Kier that brought the plugin system to vBulletin?

I'd like to say that we're not in a big hurry to make a bullet-point sort of list of the features that we offer, because our list is always going to be shorter than that of the established systems.

This first version of XenForo is focusing on more esoteric considerations, like user experience and reliability of operation.

Don't compare us on our feature count, judge us on how your site visitors would react if they were able to post using this system

Totally Agreed, what kind of features would you include in a list like that anyways? I say let the eyes be the judge.

Top Bottom