• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you think of Google Instant?

What do you think of Google Instant?

• It's great, I'll keep it enabled

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Not better or worse for me, but won't disable it

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I like the old search, I have disabled it

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Google Instant isn't available here yet

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
F

Floris

I don't care, it's distracting to have to look at two focus points, but .. it works. And it's not extra work. So why bother disabling it. :)

OperaManiac

since i use chrome. i rarely get to use it.

however, the new features which bring keyboard shortcuts to google SERPs makes it awesome for me.

Ryan

Yeah, I rarely use it...95% of the time, I use the quick search in the top right of my browser...not on Google's page itself

The rare times that I do use Google Instant, I like it. It's a little distracting at first but doesn't take long to get used to and see the benefits of it.

Jaxel

I disabled it immediately. It's distracting, and I know how to search. The average person doesn't understand how Boolean Search works, so they have a very hard time finding anything. I know exactly how to find what I need, so I don't need this "helping hand" from google.

I use chrome as well, but my search bar defaults to wikipedia, not google.

SneakyDave

I type too fast that it doesn't really help me, and the results it gives usually don't match until I finish typing the query.

I know how to search
Exactly. Too many search tools want to help you learn.

Onimua

When I use Google's search, I either just type what I'm looking for and hit enter in Chrome (love that feature) or I use the search bar that's available in browsers. I rarely actually go to Google's site and then search.

Kim

Ewww.. never used it, never likely too, I search from my browser not via their page.

Obviously someone has a sense of humour... Instant gratification indeed!

google_instant.png