What do you expect the xenForo version 2.0.0?

It is by far the release date of the second version of xenForo, but we must look ahead and think what the new functions, features and advantages offered xenForo.

I think for me it would be good in xenForo Version 2 has a content management to be better for the websites.

What do you think?

Sorry to disapprove this but I think if I were a programmer in the final stage of preparing 1.1 - getting tired fed up and feeling the need of appreciation and encouragement, I might feel like giving up - talk of 2.0 is really not appreciating them for what they are doing NOW. They are in an exhausting and critical stage too.
We must be careful not to batter them with too many mountains of demands especially at this time. They are a precious resource.

Secondly I do not see how we can look at what we want in 2.0 until we have got 1.1 and not only got it but got used to it. That will show us which things really stand out strongly as needed.
If we try discussing possibilities further ahead it's going to be the same things already said repeat repeat - plus many things will be covered in 1.1 so will be unnecessary forum clutter.
Once we have had some time to try out and APPRECIATE 1.1 yes a consideration of 2.0 would be good.

Ok I understand, but just want to know the interest of users of version 2 of xenForo am aware that they are in a stressful period with the 1.1 but wonder just curious, because in this site are very good ideas that can improve xenForo lot and if the moderators are at odds with the subject are within their rights to remove or move it to wherever you want.
Sorry for my English, I use a translator

I want to see many iterations of version 1 before there's any speak of a version 2.

This isn't Chrome. (I hope...)

What can you expect from the 1.1 I hope only a few new features and ... but I want totalk about the version 2.0 to see that thought and start a healthy discussion on this topic ...

Of course if you want to change the title and pass it to the discussion of the version 1.1 if they so desire

Sorry to disapprove this but I think if I were a programmer in the final stage of preparing 1.1 - getting tired fed up and feeling the need of appreciation and encouragement, I might feel like giving up - talk of 2.0 is really not appreciating them for what they are doing NOW. They are in an exhausting and critical stage too.
We must be careful not to batter them with too many mountains of demands especially at this time. They are a precious resource.

Secondly I do not see how we can look at what we want in 2.0 until we have got 1.1 and not only got it but got used to it. That will show us which things really stand out strongly as needed.
If we try discussing possibilities further ahead it's going to be the same things already said repeat repeat - plus many things will be covered in 1.1 so will be unnecessary forum clutter.
Once we have had some time to try out and APPRECIATE 1.1 yes a consideration of 2.0 would be good.
This. Tempting to lock this thread.

well, i will interpret the thread title to mean 'what next major functions i want' or what i hope to see in xf 1.2.
-navigation manager
-comprehensive forum/user block/ignore system
-move away from the 'forumhome' design and use some sort of activity feed instead
-google/twitter login
-deeper integration with twitter, such as feeding xf status updates to twitter

Well, let me just say... if it doesn't change:

807_40_1642---Rusty-Old-Car_web.webp

Into:

bugattiveyron1.webp

Then I may just....

spit-the-dummy.webp

My two cents :D :cautious:

Each new vb 1, vb 2, vb 3 release had a new design. I think this was also the core idea of giving out a new release number: That lots of things changed, and there would be incompatibilities with design and code modifications. I also remember reading from Kier that this was a major reason to giving the next release its own number. So these changes should qualify for a new xenforo 2:

- internal changes (code)
- external changes (design)

Both are currently very up to date and they can be improved without groundbreaking changes that would cause incompatibility and therefore justify a new point release.

Exactly...

What is the point of providing this constant stream of point releases? You endup like other products with code bloat. That is the end result of such software normalcy thinking...

Why not build a product that you're 99.9% happy with, is feature rich, then instead of bloating the product, leave the product alone and concentrate on building products and extensions to the product.

That is a sustainable model for forum software nowadays, as its the same problem time and time again seen in other forum software developers to date.

Who says that XF won't get to v1.5 and be done? Why constantly extend something that doesn't constantly require it? It just heads for another VB / IPB bloated product.

Exactly...

What is the point of providing this constant stream of point releases? You endup like other products with code bloat. That is the end result of such software normalcy thinking...

Why not build a product that you're 99.9% happy with, is feature rich, then instead of bloating the product, leave the product alone and concentrate on building products and extensions to the product.

Because this is not how software is developed. If developers always waited until they were "99.9%" happy with what they had, you'd rarely see them release anything (much less make an initial release). The problem has nothing to do with continuous development of a code base (that's how a lot of software improves), but execution.

I agree with @ Anthony Parsons is better to have a product that you are happy withthe 99.9% and is rich in features, but if I were a developer would do the same thing

>What do you expect the xenForo version 2.0.0?
I expect to be just as good at v1 and something we will not be disappointed with or regret purchasing.
Hell, I'll buy into the pre-sale now. :)

Top Bottom