What credit system addon are you using?

Blast

I'm planning to purchase Audentio's. But have to do more research. I want to have a robust store for my members to purchase with their points.

I've been a fan of audentio due to their quality of products and good customer support. Just installed their Credits system with the Shop, none of the credit systems fulfill all my custom needs but audentio has plans on expanding their credit system so I'm looking forward to more features with the next major update.

You need to explain what kind of functionality you need in your forum for users to be able to suggest a product. Audentio credit system can be used to enable users to earn credits for activity on your forum, buy credits using PayPal and spend credits to buy products, upgrades, resources and forum privileges such as bypass flood check or spam check or change username, etc.

I've not used it for long and hence I cannot comment on what gaps are in their credits system, but overall it looks good to me.

I need a system that will allow users to buy raffle tickets using their PayPal funds that they can use in Snog's Raffles addon.
Would Theme House's (formerly Audentio's) do this?

Does Dragonbyte allow users to buy credits from PayPal (using real money).
That is what I need.

I went with AD Credits from Theme House. It was very easy to setup.

I went with AD Credits from Theme House. It was very easy to setup.
AD is easy to setup, and in most cases is wonderful to use, but DragonByte, in my opinion, is a more powerful system and allows for a lot of different ways to reward users. The most important thing to me when choosing an addon is knowing that the add-on is well cared for by its developers, and that's what sets DragonByte Tech apart from Theme House in their credits and shop addons. The developers of DragonByte have been extremely responsive towards me and my individual needs, and when they have charged for feature additions it has always been a reasonable price. Theme House makes high quality stuff, but often misses the mark when it comes to active development and support of their code. I still use a lot of stuff from ThemeHouse and am probably purchasing UI.X in the near future, but I have no intent to return to their credits/shop system.

AD is easy to setup, and in most cases is wonderful to use, but DragonByte, in my opinion, is a more powerful system and allows for a lot of different ways to reward users. The most important thing to me when choosing an addon is knowing that the add-on is well cared for by its developers, and that's what sets DragonByte Tech apart from Theme House in their credits and shop addons. The developers of DragonByte have been extremely responsive towards me and my individual needs, and when they have charged for feature additions it has always been a reasonable price. Theme House makes high quality stuff, but often misses the mark when it comes to active development and support of their code. I still use a lot of stuff from ThemeHouse and am probably purchasing UI.X in the near future, but I have no intent to return to their credits/shop system.

I had a good number of their products with lifetime licences when we were in VBulletin.
The products were good, probably the best addons for VB.
My experience with support there was different than yours, sadly. I won't go into specifics.
That was a factor in going with AD Credits.
Asked a few questions on the TH site, got immediate answers. Setup was a cinch.
All I needed it for was to allow users to buy creds for real money, then use those creds to buy raffles using Snog's raffle addon.
My users don't like the whole rewards thing. We're a bunch of grouchy old machinists...lol
Enjoy!

I had a good number of their products with lifetime licences when we were in VBulletin.
The products were good, probably the best addons for VB.
My experience with support there was different than yours, sadly. I won't go into specifics.
That was a factor in going with AD Credits.
Asked a few questions on the TH site, got immediate answers. Setup was a cinch.
All I needed it for was to allow users to buy creds for real money, then use those creds to buy raffles using Snog's raffle addon.
My users don't like the whole rewards thing. We're a bunch of grouchy old machinists...lol
Enjoy!
Hi Nelson,

I've looked into this matter and it's true that on your latest reported issue, the level of support you received was not up to DragonByte Tech's regular standards. The modification you were using was developed by someone who, as you yourself noted, had left DragonByte Technologies and it was passed on to another developer on our team. Of course, that's not a valid excuse, I'm only adding some context for others reading your post.

I can only apologise, and reassure you that I am personally handling all the support for our current XenForo products so you shouldn't have any issues if you were to try them out in the future :)

I've also taken the liberty of switching your vBShop and vBCredits licenses over to our XenForo versions, so if you did want to give them a try either now or at any point in the future, it won't cost you a thing :)
Of course, I'd understand if you didn't want to install another shop or credits mod alongside your AD products, so if you wanted to try our products without tampering with your existing site, you can setup a private demo board instance by filling out this form: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/info/xfdemo/ - if you do, you should watch over your spam folder as well since we've had some reports of the email with the link to your private instance being flagged as spam by some email providers.

We'd love to have you back with us for our future in XenForo :)

EDIT: I've just read the rest of this thread and I see that you asked about PayPal purchases - I'm not 100% sure whether sandbox PayPal will work on the demo board if you wanted to try it out but it should. In XenForo's PayPal email configuration interface you'd use the seller sandbox account, and in DB Credits' Purchase event trigger settings you'd enable Sandbox there.

That should allow you to test purchasing with PayPal and not have to use real money :)

Fillip

The bolded one is completely true for me too.
In addition, What i'm really afraid is now many premium developers leave their product and customers.
Based on what i've seen from DBtech in their consistency of maintaining their mods in VB for several years,
then i decided to buy their add on(the one really upsets me is their footer line mark :D ha..ha..., but nevermind as long as they can give their best in maintaining their add on, which I believe this is extremely far important for me).

I'm myself have been a customer for both: Audentio and Dragonbyte (Not the credit system, but many other products..).
Audentio has better Design skills than DragonBytes.
But if you are looking for better add-ons, and better support. DragonByte is by far the best.

Hi Nelson,

I've looked into this matter and it's true that on your latest reported issue, the level of support you received was not up to DragonByte Tech's regular standards. The modification you were using was developed by someone who, as you yourself noted, had left DragonByte Technologies and it was passed on to another developer on our team. Of course, that's not a valid excuse, I'm only adding some context for others reading your post.

I can only apologise, and reassure you that I am personally handling all the support for our current XenForo products so you shouldn't have any issues if you were to try them out in the future :)

I've also taken the liberty of switching your vBShop and vBCredits licenses over to our XenForo versions, so if you did want to give them a try either now or at any point in the future, it won't cost you a thing :)
Of course, I'd understand if you didn't want to install another shop or credits mod alongside your AD products, so if you wanted to try our products without tampering with your existing site, you can setup a private demo board instance by filling out this form: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/info/xfdemo/ - if you do, you should watch over your spam folder as well since we've had some reports of the email with the link to your private instance being flagged as spam by some email providers.

We'd love to have you back with us for our future in XenForo :)

EDIT: I've just read the rest of this thread and I see that you asked about PayPal purchases - I'm not 100% sure whether sandbox PayPal will work on the demo board if you wanted to try it out but it should. In XenForo's PayPal email configuration interface you'd use the seller sandbox account, and in DB Credits' Purchase event trigger settings you'd enable Sandbox there.

That should allow you to test purchasing with PayPal and not have to use real money :)

Fillip

This SEEMS like a very generous offer, Filip.

I didn't want to go there, but since you mentioned it. I am going to be factual, not judgmental.

1. Replies
    Views
    [vB 4.2.x]
    icon1.png
    Okey doke... Still waiting for an answer to my...

Okey doke...

Still waiting for an answer to my question (above) about auto conformation of donations.
  2. 13th January 2015, 09:35
    Thread: How do I get it to automatically confirm donations?
    by Nelson
    Replies
    Views
    [vB 4.2.x]
    icon1.png
    No problem, only been waiting 7 days..... ;) ...

No problem, only been waiting 7 days..... ;)

Is Chris working for you guys now? (again).

If so, his responses regarding the PayPal settings was incorrect....I have noted the correct path to...
  3. 13th January 2015, 07:51
    by Nelson
    Replies
    Views
    [vB 4.2.x]
    icon1.png
    Still waiting for a response to the above....

Still waiting for a response to the above....
  4. 12th January 2015, 00:57
    by Nelson
    Replies
    Views
    [vB 4.2.x]
    icon1.png
    Any answer to what to put in there to fix this?

Any answer to what to put in there to fix this?

The coder of the software, Ozzy47, was the ONLY one trying to help me.
He is also your BEST problem solver, according to your site:

Total Problems Posted
Unresolved Problems
Best Problem Solver
Ozzy47 (11 Problems Solved

I was a Level 9 user of your products with 5,200 loyalty points. Yet, getting an answer to anything was a disaster You were all just too busy to help.
http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/search.php?searchid=1704838
I promised myself, never again.
Thanks for your offer.

I didn't want to go there, but since you mentioned it. I am going to be factual, not judgmental.

The coder of the software, Ozzy47, was the ONLY one trying to help me.
Since we're being factual, we might not want to skip the fact that on the 13th, Matt (Mokonzi) said he would take a look, did so and then handed it off to me who asked you for site access two days later. Ten days after my request you posted that you had provided this info, and I worked on this problem across multiple days (five, to be exact) before concluding that there was nothing wrong with the modification itself.

I tested this by faking an IPN from PayPal directly in the code, and watching the mod do exactly as it was supposed to. I faked an IPN by taking all the data that PayPal normally sends with an IPN, and added it directly to the top of the file that captures IPNs, essentially bypassing any issues transmitting data from PayPal's servers to yours.

I then recommended you test the functionality without any firewall or other filtering software installed, as this is not something that a forum login account allows me to disable (server root access would be required). No further replies were posted by you in the thread.

Like I said in my previous post, I 100% agree with you that you were not given the level of support we strive to provide, but to imply that you were only given help by one person is disingenuous.

He is also your BEST problem solver, according to your site:

Total Problems Posted
Unresolved Problems
Best Problem Solver
Ozzy47 (11 Problems Solved
Please pay no mind to those statistics, they are not tied to our support ticket system in any way, shape or form. They come from our vBAnswers modification, which is a product that creates a StackOverflow-esque system where users post questions in specified forums and get to choose the "Best Answer" or "Solution". Other examples of this would be the official Apple Community Forums.

The problems posted were posted to a test forum @ our site, they were not support tickets nor any real questions our users had. It is 100% irrelevant to our support ticket system.

In either case, if you wish to avoid our products due to your past experiences that's entirely your prerogative, it's not my intention to start some form of public debate here. I wish you the best of luck with your site :)

Fillip

I have not interacted with other DBTech staff, but Fillip has been extremely receptive to me and my needs, and gone out of his way to accommodate my site, despite the fact I am currently on a very low budget.

Top Bottom