What benefits you gained from AI

jamalfree

What benefits you gained from AI?

for me, helped me to resolve issues with my vps, improving my skills with Linux and more .

Ai sucks when it's wrong, like this "BEER CAN CHICKEN" recipe that forgot the whole recipe and left the HEAD on a cooked chicken. THIS IS AI! LMAO

beer can chicken franks food blog.webp

The more I've tested it, the more I'm convinced that 1) it is not true AI (like the way the search engines label their plagiarism as "AI" simply by rewriting search results with a human conversational pattern) and 2) it can't even follow simple instructions (having tried three separate image generators to give me logo ideas, where it couldn't even properly insert the three words I requested into the images). Neither of these show any actual "intelligence." Plagiarizing a handful of sites by compiling their words as natural-language results in a search has nothing to do with actual decision-making intelligence (especially when those results are often very wrong).

It's a media fixation, that's all, and it keeps the shareholders happy. I'm just ignoring it, best I can. It's a pointless buzzword at this point.

Over the last year I’ve dove into the topic and have really seen multiple uses for the technology. Currently on our site we use AI to create entire newsletters from start to finish. We’ve developed a workflow on Make.com that allows us to simply input three URL’s into an Excel file and AI analyzes the URL’s and writes a short “tease” and title for the email. It then inputs these creations into an html email and the workflow sends this over to Sendy where I can send it.

On our forum we also use an AI moderation tool from @ThemeHouse that uses a model to detect certain toxic posts and sends them automatically to be manually approved by a human if the post is determined by AI to be something a forum wouldn’t want in public.

Lastly I've been working during our slow period on using OpenAI’s assistants to automatically respond to customer support type emails like “I forgot my password” and so forth. So far it’s been hit and miss but the more legit questions I see and feed AI quality answers the better the outputs are getting. There’s no doubt I’ll hit a point where the assistant will have enough info to automatically respond to the bulk of the emails I get…….

How is AI ever actually valuable? When its just a fake facade attempting to replace genuine human interaction?

AI can be incredibly valuable because it helps automate and streamline tasks that would otherwise consume a lot of human time and effort. On our forum, for instance, I rely on AI to handle routine inquiries and support tasks, freeing me up to focus on more complex issues and engage in genuine human interactions where they're most needed. It's not about replacing human interaction but making sure we can do our jobs and help more people.

In today's fast-paced digital world, artificial intelligence (AI) has become an integral part of our daily lives. From voice assistants to recommendation algorithms, AI has undoubtedly enhanced our online experiences. However, when it comes to composing forum posts, AI may not be the ideal tool. While it can offer convenience and efficiency, it often lacks the authenticity and genuine interaction that make online conversations so captivating. In this article, we will delve into the reasons why AI is bad for composing forum posts.

One of the main drawbacks of relying on AI to compose forum posts is the loss of genuine interaction. Online forums have always been a space for people to come together and engage in meaningful conversations. They provide a platform for diverse perspectives, experiences, and emotions. However, when AI enters the equation, it often produces responses that lack personal touch and fail to capture the essence of human interaction. Forum posts composed by AI lack the subtle nuances, humor, and empathy that make conversations so enriching.

Moreover, AI-generated posts tend to be formulaic and repetitive, leading to a monotonous online environment. They are also often formulaic and repetitive, leading to a monotonous online environment. People appreciate the uniqueness of human expression and the element of surprise that comes with it. When AI takes over, it tends to rely on predetermined patterns and algorithms, resulting in predictable and uninspiring forum posts. This monotony can quickly lead to disengagement from the conversation, as users crave the authenticity and unpredictability that only human interaction can offer.

I rest my case... ;)

Last edited:
Hello,

I recently replaced my phone and have been unable to login to the app since.

My username is _______ and my email is ________

I reset my password to no avail.

I have a live subscription to the app via apple, but I can’t restore it when I click the “Restore Subscription” button either.

Best,

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with logging into the app on your new phone. We did have a recent outage that may have affected user logins, but I want to assure you that the issue has been resolved.

Since you have a live subscription via Apple, please try the following steps:
1. Log out of the app.
2. Log back in using your account credentials.
3. Once logged in, navigate to the "Restore Subscription" button and attempt the restoration process again.

If you're still facing issues after these steps, please reach out again, and we'll ensure that your account and subscription are properly restored.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lee

This support email discussion was generated via a custom AI model that’s trained on support issues for our App. This user was able to get this answer in roughly 20 minutes while I was away. Now, I won’t lie, I did get lucky with this one as the user wrote asking about a very commonly seen issue so AI had a ton of training…..but still it was beneficial and got them on their way.

MetricAI-Generated EmailsHuman-Generated Emails
Total Recipients232,483535,168
Overall CTR83.72%46.17%
Percent Clicked on a Link4.53%4.49%
Total Clicks12,33824,008
Percent Unsubscribed0.43%0.31%

In the data above you’ll see actual numbers from our email lists comparing two back to back years. One year we used all human teases while the second we used all AI teases. While the human content did see more clicks, the actual percentage was roughly the same. We were able to greatly reduce the emails we sent out to only targeting users we suspected would actually open the emails thus the massive improvement in overall CTR.

Where we really saw a benefit wasn’t so much that AI did far better than a human, rather nobody noticed a difference between the two years……including the overall numbers. Both years almost everything looked, felt, and acted the same, but I didn’t have to sit at a computer creating these emails rather AI did the work for me while I was able to step aside and preform other tasks.

Using AI to 100% replace a human is a bad idea, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be helpful. When used in certain areas where a human isn’t vital it’s a massive time saver and frees up a human where a legit person is needed.

Last edited:
The more I've tested it, the more I'm convinced that 1) it is not true AI (like the way the search engines label their plagiarism as "AI" simply by rewriting search results with a human conversational pattern) and 2) it can't even follow simple instructions (having tried three separate image generators to give me logo ideas, where it couldn't even properly insert the three words I requested into the images). Neither of these show any actual "intelligence." Plagiarizing a handful of sites by compiling their words as natural-language results in a search has nothing to do with actual decision-making intelligence (especially when those results are often very wrong).

It's a media fixation, that's all, and it keeps the shareholders happy. I'm just ignoring it, best I can. It's a pointless buzzword at this point.

Well, if you think about it, Artificial is the perfect word, because I don't see anything resembling real intelligence.

It reminds me of when "Expert Systems" were the buzz words after it came out of the labs and into commercial use.

How would a defendant prove that it was AI generated, and hence you were not the copyright owner?

First, if the person who had the image generated had integrity, they wouldn't claim it wasn't AI generated.

Next, if the image "owner" tried to take it to court, and lost the case because they were found out, they can be held liable not only for the other party's legal fees, they have opened themselves up to punitive damages during a countersuit.

If it does go to court, does the person who had an AI generate the image want to a civil matter into criminal matter if they are found to have perjured themselves?

Finally, there are various ways experts can detect current AI generated images, along with tools that can detect AI generated images.

First, if the person who had the image generated had integrity, they wouldn't claim it wasn't AI generated.
Yes but my question was more general than suggesting I would claim copyright on an AI generated image, or indeed a piece of music (given that as a professional composer) that is my area of expertise.
Finally, there are various ways experts can detect current AI generated images, along with tools that can detect AI generated images.
I didn't know that. I could generate an image that looks like it was AI generated.

But back to the point about integrity and bringing it back to my area.

I could compose a piece of music and use AI for a small percentage. So I compose the melody, but AI enhanced the rhythm by 10%.

I have integrity and I would claim that as my copyright.

The thing is composers and producers have been doing this for decades. One could argue that drum machine quantisation, autotune or any kind of software MIDI manipulation is AI.

Or what about creative writers who use AI to slightly enhance a story. The output has an element of AI, but the story is original and could not have existed without the person coming up with it from their brain.

My friend is a (Hollywood based) screenwriter who users AI to hone her scripts. Should she give away her copywrite on the original story just because AI enhanced it a bit?

I think this is a minefield where creatives may lose and lawyers win.

Top Bottom