What are your system specs?

My main system:

Mac Pro (early 2008) running OS X 10.6
Dual quad-core 2.8GHz Xeon
12GB RAM
160GB SSD (Intel G2)
Dual display cards running four displays

View attachment 814

That's the Mac Pro my wife has... Though her's doesn't have the SSD, only a single drive and we use a USB video adapter (essentially an external vid card) to drive her third monitor. Don't have one of the new touch pads like that what's your impression so far? I was very underwhelmed with the multi touch magic mouse that came with my iMac, Apple's a bit bloody minded about their mouse design, nice to look at, but doesn't fit my hand very well. And I missed my 7 button Razer Diamondback mouse too much! ;)

Looks a bit like an IKEA chair I looked at last time we were there, though it had a *slightly* lower price tag. ;) Totally agree on the importance of having a highly comfortable chair though! Where's the desk from btw? :) And that's a beast of a printer!

Since there's so many Mac folks here... Anyone use DevonThink for digital knowledge warehousing/paperless office etc? Trying to decide whether a Fujitsu scansnap would be worth the cost, our current scanner 's driver is somewhat dysfunctional:rolleyes:.

Don't have one of the new touch pads like that what's your impression so far? I was very underwhelmed with the multi touch magic mouse that came with my iMac
I've never liked an Apple mouse, they have all been horrible in my opinion. The magic trackpad on the other hand is very nice - I like browsing with it, though as soon as I'm writing code or painting or anything else that requires much more accuracy I switch back to my Logitech MX Revolution mouse, which I love.
Where's the desk from btw?
http://www.eof.co.uk/ specifically, the Glade Workstation range.
And that's a beast of a printer!
Canon iPF 5000 large format inkjet. Fabulous, though eye-wateringly expensive to run on a non-professional basis.

I've never liked an Apple mouse, they have all been horrible in my opinion. The magic trackpad on the other hand is very nice - I like browsing with it, though as soon as I'm writing code or painting or anything else that requires much more accuracy I switch back to my Logitech MX Revolution mouse, which I love.
Canon iPF 5000 large format inkjet. Fabulous, though eye-wateringly expensive to run on a non-professional basis.
:|

Canon iPF 5000 on google: $1,154.99 refurbished, $1,945.00 new

I imagine it would burn through a lot of expensive consumables, awesome printer though!

We've been hugely happy with the Canon printer line, had a bulletproof Pixma 4000 workhorse for like 6 years, and have a MP560 now. With the ink tanks setup to refill them, the cost per page for general purpose/photo printing is dirt cheap. So my eight and nine year olds can print things when they want without my cringing too much ;).

Good to hear about the touchpad, thanks! I've been considering one to add some of the multitouch functionality that works so well in the iPhone and iPad, but the mediocre magic mouse made me minorly meh about it.

Hrm...
I need to get some pictures of my current setup.

::eyes ambient light levels::
A bit later in the morning when there's more sunlight I think.

Heh... Susan just came down and pointed out that her machine has 14 Gig not 12 :rolleyes:.
As a graphic designer though, I think she's lusting after Kier's printer ;).

Heh... Susan just came down and pointed out that her machine has 14 Gig not 12 :rolleyes:.
As a graphic designer though, I think she's lusting after Kier's printer ;).

Oh... my mistake :)

About this Mac.webp

My old 2005 mac pro isn't off by much ;)

Screen%20shot%202010-08-11%20at%203.38.53%20PM.png

I see I forgot to upgrade to .4 - I just hate to reboot.

^ That desk has NEVER been so clean since it was new. Thank you to the OP for posting this thread. That is all.

If you spend the majority of your waking hours in a chair, no amount is too much.
I do but still wouldn't be able to persuade the fiancée to let me spend £700-1000 on a chair... Though if I win £2000 tomorrow, the first things I will be getting are 2 more monitors, one of those chairs and new desk...

I do but still wouldn't be able to persuade the fiancée to let me spend £700-1000 on a chair... Though if I win £2000 tomorrow, the first things I will be getting are 2 more monitors, one of those chairs and new desk...
I spend waaay too much of my time in an office chair, I should probably get a really comfy one at some point. But those beasts are well out of my price range :D

Top Bottom