What are your "must-have" resources and add-ons?

I'm looking at getting back to building a forum using XenForo. That being said, I'm not up-to-date on all the resources, plugins, and add-ons available. Nor do I know what's still actively being updated, or is discontinued / deprecated.

What are some of your recommendations for essential resources/add-ons to use?

Guess what you call "essential" is important.
What is "essential" for one site won't be for another.

Now, if you are talking CORE add-ons, for me.

@Xon:
Alert Improvements
Limit Bots
Warning Improvements
User Mention Improvements
BBCode Thread & Post

@digitalpoint:
Security & Passkeys
CloudFlare
Better Analytics

@JoshyPHP
S9e/MediaSites

For MY site... just about all of @Bob's add ons:
ShowCase
AMS
Classifieds
Link Directory

And then XFRM and XFMG.

For end users, Threadmarks is one of the more critical add-ons for my sites. It is amazing how useful adding a list of marked posts to a thread is.
For moderators, Report/Warning Improvements + Report Centre Essentials are very nice quality of life upgrades and have been quite useful for scaling up to a large number of volunteer staff without them tripping over each other.

@TPerry that alerts addon, does that allow members to receive email notifications when someone tags them in a thread?

I'm keen to find a solution for this, rather than just hoping members see themselves tagged in various conversations when logging in.

@TPerry that alerts addon, does that allow members to receive email notifications when someone tags them in a thread?

I'm keen to find a solution for this, rather than just hoping members see themselves tagged in various conversations when logging in.
The email on user mentions is from this add-on:

Not the Alert Improvements one (but both are good!)

I only have two addons.
the xf official media gallery addon
and xf official resources addon.
minimum is better because of the upgrades.
If you had something like tapatalk you'd have to uninstall it every time you upgraded.

Top Bottom