What are your aims/goals in 2013 for your forum?

oman

Title asks the question. Do you want to get more members? Achieve more activity? Improve your design?

For me personally, I am aiming to bring some more activity to my site.

:)

Happy new year! ;)

Huge plans for 2013, largely in conjunction with Bobster65's awesome Showcase add-on. Went from a wordpress blog with 5k visits per month at beginning of 2012 to a forum with 35k visits per month at the end of 2012. Hoping for a similar trajectory in 2013. Gotta make the big board list! :)

Huge plans for 2013, largely in conjunction with Bobster65's awesome Showcase add-on. Went from a wordpress blog with 5k visits per month at beginning of 2012 to a forum with 35k visits per month at the end of 2012. Hoping for a similar trajectory in 2013. Gotta make the big board list! :)

Sounds like a great goal!

Forum 1 - the one in my sig. Need integration on Library with Whats New? so we can use Library more.
Need the forum watch to WORK!
Install Convo Essentials at last!
Improve the profile page.

Forum 2. Get the secondary user population going (sponsors for primary group) - get paypal on.
Make info guides for the secondary group.

Forum 3. Serious THINK - do I really want to reactivate this one?
I guess so as the theme interests me. But not until Feb/ March because of 1 and 2.

Forum 4. Keep in touch with potential client and develop the project towards active status next June.

Business as usual for my vB forums. May add wordpress to one of my vB sites to incorporate some wp plugins to allow event registration.
Still taking the wait and see approach whether to pursue my xf forums.

With CODForums, I'm aiming for the sun - Make it one of the most active Call of Duty forums out there.

Other CODForums Goals:
Reach 50,000 posts. Gain at least 10,000 members.

With EverythingHalo, I'm aiming to outright buy the whole thing. Purchase 2 Halo 4 forums to merge into EH.

With MetalGearFans, make it one of the most active, one of the most popular Metal Gear websites.

We are a Rugby League (American Football without pads, stoppages, ego ;)) fans site for a particular team based in NZ playing in the Australian Competition.

What we achieved in 2012
  • Launched in May 2012.
  • Average around 1000 unique daily visitors per day
  • Over 5000 likes on facebook ( we spent a bit on advertising)
  • Number 1 ranked forum for our rugby league club

Goals for 2013
  • Double our unique vistors per day
  • Create somewhat official links with the actual club
  • Get local businesses sponsoring the site i.e. Bar tabs for community members, merchandise as prizes etc
  • Get more people coming to our site than the official club site (which does not have a forum)
  • Build a backlink community of likeminded rugby league sites
  • Update the look for the 2013 season
  • Over 2012 we slowly built our relationships with officials from the club and want to expand on that so we can get player interviews, player diaries on the site although that may be a hurdle.
  • Harness the power of our community to create actual match day events with our site mascot present at games

Wasted most part of 2012 waiting for the Resource Manager add-on :( Decided not to wait any longer. Installed my 2nd XF copy yesterday.. and ready to roll with or without RM.

Didn't like it. For me UI is as important as the backend process. And the UI for that mod is not something i like. I am sure something similar is coming up very soon though ;)

Top Bottom