what are you currently working on?

Nudaii

Over on Mybb forum we had a thread like this, for people to share what they were currently working on for their forum/forums, Sometimes it was add-ons, skins, features etc.

I'll begin.

Today I am working on polishing up my profile customisation feature at my forum.

Basic Atm but allows
Profile background image/color
Profile cover photo (responsive)

As well as entirely reworking the profile layout (pics to follow)

I'm currently working on a Competition management system for AVForums.com.

Once that's done, I'll only have a few more jobs left to do before AVForums.com launches. Then I'll be back working full time on Xen Media Gallery (my absolute highest priority once I've got the other stuff done).

I am finishing a style, 2 complicated bbcodes, an API which integrates a serious amount of other APIs, and cleaning up some old addons. I wont even name the other things because as far as time is concerned they don't even make the list currently.

customised.webp

Yes the green is hideous:P was just testing ability to customize profiles works XD, when the color/background field is not set it reverts to #f1f1f1

Thanks to @Brogan for his conditionals guide and @Shelley for inspiring me to look deeper into CSS!

@DRE whose constant pimping of his site got me curious what else i could look into XD

View attachment 56020

Yes the green is hideous:p was just testing ability to customize profiles works XD, when the color/background field is not set it reverts to #f1f1f1

Thanks to @Brogan for his conditionals guide and @Shelley for inspiring me to look deeper into CSS!

@DRE whose constant pimping of his site got me curious what else i could look into XD
That profile page is really impressive, regardless of the dark green or not lol.

My current project... made my site private because it's undergoing a relaunch with focus towards helping VIP users make money while networking, advertising and sharing their work and teaching them how to copyright their work. Since the US is my focus, my current project is deciding whether I need to set up a CDN even though a couple members are in UK and Australia.

I have played around with Wordpress for at least a year or so before moving to Xenforo. One of the things I liked about Wordpress was it's attachment manager. So I bought and installed WMTech Attachment Manager. Played around with it and I like it. So then I thought "I can't stand it when an image I previously posted disappears" so I installed MetaMirror. I haven't enabled or activated it yet though because I thought "I might need a CDN for all that stuff first" so I looked at BD Attachment Store and I saw @MattW review: "Great add-on. Currently using this via local storage, but having the data directory served from a CDN. Now XenMediaGallery and Showcase are able to use the CDN"

That's what made me look into a getting a CDN or not. While we're on the subject of Wordpress, one thing I disliked about Wordpress was it's permissions system. Thankfully, Xenforo has a superb permission system especially when you add stuff like User Essentials and Topic Starter's Rights if you can get it working right. I gotta play around with Topic Starter's Rights next. It's good to have these permissions because then users can pretty much moderate their own threads, which eases the load off of moderators.

After I do all of that stuff I will go back to the money part as talked about here.

I'm working on too many things with too little time! LOL

Creating a "Crew" card for GTA V when it comes out. Grabs members, leaderboard info, and other stats.
Developing game cards from APIs available for my oxyGamer add-on
Then I'm going to get back to work on the news portal add-on...
THEN I need to finish work on a EZ Stats PSN/XBOX port to XF

I've only got a few hours per day to do a lot of this and I'm pretty bad at organizing myself and not to mention I'm pretty ADD lol

I'm working on too many things with too little time! LOL

Creating a "Crew" card for GTA V when it comes out. Grabs members, leaderboard info, and other stats.
Developing game cards from APIs available for my oxyGamer add-on
Then I'm going to get back to work on the news portal add-on...
THEN I need to finish work on a EZ Stats PSN/XBOX port to XF

I've only got a few hours per day to do a lot of this and I'm pretty bad at organizing myself and not to mention I'm pretty ADD lol
That game's so awesome: http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/09/05/grand-theft-auto-v-the-sum-of-all-peers

Hey Richard, what's your Christian forum called? Can I get a link? I wanna join. I'll join Oxy's GTA forum too. I try to join forums of stuff I'm interested in. I wish there was a really good Xenforo Halo forum.

Hey Richard, what's your Christian forum called? Can I get a link? I wanna join. I'll join Oxy's GTA forum too. I try to join forums of stuff I'm interested in. I wish there was a really good Xenforo Halo forum.
sent you a link :)

Last edited:
Working on a new World of Warcraft site with xF as the engine. Site will take advantage of lots of the new features coming in the 5.4 patch on Tuesday. I hope to be ready to launch Tuesday morning while the realms are offline for weekly maint, which will also be the launch of the 5.4 content launch. Site will offer a lot of features using WoW's API.

Primarily I'm working on updating our site to 1.2. It's pretty heavily customized and I'd like to avoid downtime, so I'm getting everything prepped on a test site before we go. The biggest job is almost done, though. ;)

Ability for members to choose light or dark css via preferences. (one theme different css files using conditionals)

Top Bottom