what are you currently working on?

Sounds like it might be an interesting idea... Do you mean to have a global users map or just a map on profile (or both)?

Sounds like it might be an interesting idea... Do you mean to have a global users map or just a map on profile (or both)?
Ability to see a global (say from the Navigation/Members tab) and then maybe even in their profile). @digitalpoint has one that tracks currently online visitors but one that uses static location fields would be nice. I have one (via Pages) installed on both my myBB forums - and it's something that just adds to the overall feature set.

Yes, but he's already indicated that he had no interest in adding said functionality to it. I don't know how well it would do trying to do the two different things (you'd probably end up having to have routes set for the hotspots and then the user map). Would probably be easier just to code a specific one to pull from the user base location. Guess it's time for me to start trying to figure out PHP better and coding add-ons for xenForo. Not the part I like (I'm more the server setup/networking type geek).

I am sure he would be willing to add the functionality for a fee. Would you be interested in contributing if he is willing to take on the custom request?
Am going to try my hand at coding it first... Everybody has to start somewhere. ;)
Figure with all the other computer related things I taught myself it can't be rocket scientist level compared to that. I've got to try to cut back on how much I'm spending on this hobby as it is. Averaging (now) $321 a month.

Pigeons.
shocked.webp

Setting up a VPS for @denisx04 and moving his forum and WP site over to it... all while a bad thunderstorm is passing through and knocking out my internet connection. Thankfully right now I'm just doing the sftp of the files over - the other configuration is just about done. That makes 2 VPS's in two days I've set up for folks.

Hating WordPress and SFTP transfers using keys to allow the use if the WP updates feature. Everything "should" be configured correctly but cannot do it (SSH works fine on the server using keys)

EDIT:
Figured out the easiest way to do this (never could get SFTP to work). Just installed ProFTPD on the VPS, did NOT open it up to outside (iptables blocks the port) and for the server information just used localhost and my user account info. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom