Well I'll be damned

Agree with you there for the most part...as far as you average consumer goes and the availability of service.

In my area (well north of me to be exact as my small state which fios is in, is not allowed to offer it to consumers except for in one county on the coastline...because all of the citizens in that town are either actors or just filthy rich and bought out of their charter if I understand correctly.) I actually hit about 8 MB/s down but I can only hit 4 MB/s up at this point which to me is not bad but imo as long as they are using copper to send the signals there will always be loss. The whole country should just be wired for fiber and leave the old copper up as a redundancy in case of some incredible failure of the fiber network.

My friend is on TW...I do honestly feel quite sorry for you. I wish I could send you some internet but can't...instead please watch this :-)

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s12e06-over-logging

Truly breathtaking...

This time-lapse video, created from a series of 345 images shot from the International Space Station, showcases Auroras in the upper atmosphere of the Earth in a way we never see them from way down here.

Source: Amazing Time-lapse Video of Auroras as Seen From the ISS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Upper atmosphere electrical "sprite".

lrg-56-lightning-red-sprites-elves-halo-ionosphere-upper-atmosphere.jpg

Drilling a square hole

This would probably appeal to the geeks only. :D

Ask any woodworker if he can drill a square hole, and he'd say that of course ... with a hollow square mortise chisel & bit. But that's kind of cheating: it's basically drilling a round hole and chiseling the rest to make the square hole.

But did you know that there is a way to actually drill a square hole? With a Harry Watts square drill bit (named after its inventor, who patented it back in 1917). Here it is in action:

Confused? Here's a neat animation that shows what exactly is happening (hint: the bit is shaped like a Reuleaux triangle):​

Pretty nifty, huh?​

Another way of making odd holes including square:

That is kinda slick. Gotta love anything that the "machine that can rebuild itself" can do. Not to mention the inner rotating cylinder that holds the bit looks like it is doing a hula dance , that is a sexy setup right there. :-)
and speaking of machines and sexy things...

not bad, tbh never heard of them...they seem to be only in a few select urban area's.

Top Bottom