XF 2.1 Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

Welcome to XenForo 2.1!

We said there would be something special accompanying the final HYS in this series for XF 2.1, and here it is. This is your first opportunity to help us put the new feature set through its paces.

We also said there would be a number of other miscellaneous changes/improvements to show you, so read on for more 👇

Some fabulous additions here, thanks! :D

I had hoped that some of @Chris D's Xen Notices add-on would sneak into this list (such as automatic notice reset, today's birthdays, additional tokens for replacement inside notices). I guess I'll have to hope that Chris brings his add-on to XenForo 2.1.

Rounded avatars by default

XF 2.1 introduces round avatars by default. They are a bit more aesthetically pleasing:

View attachment 187227
This explains the new online indicator 😉
That said, some people may prefer non-round avatars and if that's the case you can use this new style property to make them square again:

Changing this value to 2px will give them the same appearance as XF 2.0.
ha ha ha , I just restored this value to default 0% few days ago, now this 50% is set as default, nice change 👍

Great job XF Team!

-- I don't know for how long this feature was there and I missed it, but I also like the blur effect below the overlay:

There is no markdown editor. We just parse some Markdown elements:

Code:
There is no markdown editor. We just *parse* `some` __Markdown__ elements.
In danger of sounding like I'm trying to disparage the efforts to support MD, I wish there was a standard.

Slack uses a slightly different format to Discord, XF 2.1 uses yet another different format.

It makes crossposting content when it comes to Markdown a lot more difficult.

Slack:
Code:
*bold*
_italics_
~strike~
`icode`
```multi-line code```
>quote

Discord:
Code:
*italics*
_italics_
**bold**
__underline__
~~strike~~
`icode`
```multi-line code```
(quote not supported???)

Github:
Code:
*italics*
**bold**
~~strike~~
`icode`
```multi-line code```
>quote
(underline not supported???)

Literally nowhere I've ever used is two underscores bold, other than XF 2.1.

Fillip

I see, I wasn't able to find that in their docs so I assumed they didn't use double underscore.

Fillip
Worth noting as well that Slack doesn’t actually profess to support Markdown and basically it isn’t. It’s just a simplified formatting syntax rather than any attempt to adhere to any particular spec.

Worth noting as well that Slack doesn’t actually profess to support Markdown and basically it isn’t. It’s just a simplified formatting syntax rather than any attempt to adhere to any particular spec.
I see, I didn't know that either.

I also just tested the change log entries that Robo.li generates and they parse near perfectly (only thing it didn't parse was #### v3.1.0rc1 as a sub-header) so that works well enough for me :)

No more manually converting those lists to BBCode for when I'm releasing updates :D

Fillip

Is there an option to replace the header's bookmark button with the what's new button? I find myself always hitting that button in order to find the latest content and now that I don't have it I feel lost.

Top Bottom