1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Welcome conversation

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by ehd, Sep 5, 2015.

1. ehd

ehd Active Member

Actually I have just tried it myself.

Before this feature was core on Xenforo I used Andy's "New Conversation"-add-on. When the conversation was started, a email was sent for that conversation.

Now I switched to Xenforo's option and tested it with a new user I registered. The conversation is there, the alert, too. But no email was sent.

Can anyone of you reproduce it?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It should work.

Perhaps the email has been spam trapped?
  3. ehd

ehd Active Member

Mostly not, it's on another server of mine and the spamfilter is disabled. I will try another emailaddress.
  4. ehd

ehd Active Member

The option can be found here: admin.php?options/list/usersAndRegistration
    The option of users getting notified has been selected forever and it works with normal conversations.

With the conversation I selected:

"Leave conversation and accept future messages."

None of the two options above are selected.

Two other emailaccounts on different servers. No mails (except the first account-confirmation-mail)
  5. Brogan

Is the email address the same email address as the first user in the conversation?
  6. ehd

ehd Active Member

Actually they don't show up in my conversations:

When logged in as NEWUSER he sees a PC from me.

But I can't see any of these PC, probably because I left them.
  7. ehd

ehd Active Member

Now I have tried to select "Don't leave conversation"
    I see the PC in my account now. But still no mail.

May there be a problem here with users in my forum needing to have a predefined number of posts before being promoted to a group where they can read and write private conversations? Normally with 0 posts they can't. But the new user can read the PC.
  8. ehd

ehd Active Member

Well, at least I have verified that no mail is being sent. So I have activated the email-option, too. Nice to have it there :)
  9. Brogan

You will need to check the server mail log to see what is happening with the emails.
    You won't get one yourself though if you are the conversation starter.
  10. ehd

ehd Active Member

I don't think that there were any mails. All the other mails went straight through.
    One domain on the same server, one domain on another server and one gmail. Would be a strange coincidence...
  11. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've had some time to look into this more closely this evening and it turns out there's a bug here which may cause the alert to be skipped for the new user.

This is now fixed for the next release.