Weird Url Problems

a legacy reborn

Well, I am trying to get a site to use friendly urls but there is an old vbulletin forum with vbseo redirects setup at /forums so when xenforo tries to link any forum to for ex. /forums/my-forum.# it goes 404. Please help :(

If I take off friendly urls it is no longer 404, but then the vbseo redirects no longer work.

If XenForo is in the web root then that will cause a conflict with friendly URLs enabled because vB is installed in /forums.

If I take off friendly urls it is no longer 404, but then the vbseo redirects no longer work.

Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, then that should work. When you disable friendly URLs in XenForo be sure to remove the .htaccess file.

Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, then that should work. When you disable friendly URLs in XenForo be sure to remove the .htaccess file.

The point is that if I disable the friendly urls the vbSEO Redirects no longer work so that will result in too much SEO Loss, I need a way to get both to work, how to get /forums to work for xenforo and how to get the old /forums from vb to use the vbseo redirects.

Oh I thought you meant disabling friendly URLs in XenForo. Yes, if you disable vBSEO then you will lose those URLs in vB.

I need more information. Where are both XenForo and vB installed? I am guessing vB is installed at /forums and XenForo is in the web root. Is that correct?

yup that is correct, after some tweaking with it I got it to work. Thanks for the help though much appreciated(I actually was expecting you or Brogan to be the one to help out lol)

Top Bottom