1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Url Problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by a legacy reborn, Apr 24, 2011.

1. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Well, I am trying to get a site to use friendly urls but there is an old vbulletin forum with vbseo redirects setup at /forums so when xenforo tries to link any forum to for ex. /forums/my-forum.# it goes 404. Please help :(

If I take off friendly urls it is no longer 404, but then the vbseo redirects no longer work.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If XenForo is in the web root then that will cause a conflict with friendly URLs enabled because vB is installed in /forums.

Unless I am misunderstanding the situation, then that should work. When you disable friendly URLs in XenForo be sure to remove the .htaccess file.

3. a legacy reborn

The point is that if I disable the friendly urls the vbSEO Redirects no longer work so that will result in too much SEO Loss, I need a way to get both to work, how to get /forums to work for xenforo and how to get the old /forums from vb to use the vbseo redirects.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oh I thought you meant disabling friendly URLs in XenForo. Yes, if you disable vBSEO then you will lose those URLs in vB.

I need more information. Where are both XenForo and vB installed? I am guessing vB is installed at /forums and XenForo is in the web root. Is that correct?

5. a legacy reborn

yup that is correct, after some tweaking with it I got it to work. Thanks for the help though much appreciated(I actually was expecting you or Brogan to be the one to help out lol)