WebDAV: "Method Not Implemented"

BlueWolf

Hi guys.
I'm trying to connect with the WebDAV in admindav.php to edit the templates directly with my editor instead of having to move the text back and forth between the editor and textarea in the admin panel.

Now I've never used WebDAV before so I'm new to that as well. I'm in Linux and am trying to mount the webdav using davfs2 but it's not working for me. It asks for the username/password (I am administrator) but after that I get the following error:
/sbin/mount.davfs: Mounting failed.
501 Method Not Implemented
As I said before, I'm still quite clueless with WebDAV but I can't figure out if it's either davfs or XenForo that is doing something wrong since I can't find any other topic of this on this forum regarding this. Any help is much appreciated :)

First link isn't helping me. It's not locally, but on a server. Can't change that since I'm not the only one working on this plugin.

Second link it indeed from a different error. Went to the code that was pointed out in the topic but already seems to be fixed for me. I did, however, used wireshark to see what was going on.

After a HTTP PROPFIND was send:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<propfind xmlns="DAV:"><prop>
<getetag xmlns="DAV:"/>
<getcontentlength xmlns="DAV:"/>
<creationdate xmlns="DAV:"/>
<getlastmodified xmlns="DAV:"/>
<resourcetype xmlns="DAV:"/>
<executable xmlns="http://apache.org/dav/props/"/>
</prop></propfind>

I got this response from the server:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>501 Method Not Implemented</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Method Not Implemented</h1>
<p>GET to /huskydev/admindav.php/ not supported.<br />
</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_fcgid/2.3.5 Server at husky-owners.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Shouldn't that be xml? I checked, the file is actually there. That 404 doesn't make sense to me.

I would guess that Apache is throwing that error itself, possibly before we get access to it.

I notice the DAV/2 part of the server signature, so I'm wondering if having the WebDAV stuff enabled in Apache is interfering. Try disabling it and see if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom