Fixed WAVE report of Xenforo software

Andy.N

So I'm dealing with some govt people who wants to make sure every website gotta be accessible to disabled users. They use a tool called WAVE (web accessibility evaluation tool) and told me it has 3 errors. They will not let the site public without fixing all the errors. You know everyone is afraid of people suing them, etc.

So I run it on here and it got 5 errors. You can see the report here
http://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://xenforo.com/community/

Can anyone offer to help resolve the issues by modifying the CSS, etc.

@Chris D @Kier

These likely need template edits, actually. And worth us considering as bugs for the next release. I don't have any immediate suggestions for fixing them, though a couple of rough workarounds you can do.
  1. Disable the "scroll to top" button ("scrollJumpButton" in style properties).
  2. Remove the RSS link from the PAGE_CONTAINER template.
  3. If you use the RM ensure all of your resources use icons.
There are some missing label errors too. I'm having difficulty ascertaining exactly what they are through the report link you provided so we'll just hunt them down.

Chris,
Appreciate the help and willingness to consider this for future improvement. I know that these are nuisances for most average users and forum owners but could be a PITA in some case. My current XF 1.5 site has 35 errors on the portal alone.
Unfortunately, some of us have the misfortunes of dealing with this.

Yes, the WAVE tool is not exactly helpful in pointing down the elements that have error. The missing label is the Search box, i believe.

I'm having difficulty ascertaining exactly what they are through the report link you provided so we'll just hunt them down.
Maybe
HTML:
    <form style="display:none" hidden="hidden">
        <input type="text" name="_xfClientLoadTime" value="" id="_xfClientLoadTime" tabindex="-1" />
    </form>

That code can be found in nearly every page that uses PAGE_CONTAINER template and right before last script tag at the end body tag ends.

Maybe
HTML:
    <form style="display:none" hidden="hidden">
        <input type="text" name="_xfClientLoadTime" value="" id="_xfClientLoadTime" tabindex="-1" />
    </form>
Yes it was that, though there's a bunch of other stuff too. I don't think the changes we've made are exhaustive, but everything mentioned in this report plus a few other things I found have been put right for the next release.

Top Bottom