• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Watching threads you've been quoted in

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'd probably want a toggle for this. Not sure I'd like to be automatically watching a thread just because I'm tagged or quoted.

I get an alert for either of those, then I automatically watch if I choose to reply.

Daniel Hood

I'd probably want a toggle for this. Not sure I'd like to be automatically watching a thread just because I'm tagged or quoted.

I get an alert for either of those, then I automatically watch if I choose to reply.
I assume it'd have a setting in preferences similar to:

"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
and receive email notifications of replies"​

The Sandman

I don't disagree - that's why I described it as "a mechanism for automatically watching...". But there are times when I'm quoted or tagged and for whatever reason I don't reply then and there, and for that reason I think it might be better if I was automatically subscribed to the thread. YMMV