Lack of interest Watching threads you've been quoted in

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I suppose the same case could be made for threads you've been tagged in, although for some reason it seems less important to me.

I'd probably want a toggle for this. Not sure I'd like to be automatically watching a thread just because I'm tagged or quoted.

I get an alert for either of those, then I automatically watch if I choose to reply.

I'd probably want a toggle for this. Not sure I'd like to be automatically watching a thread just because I'm tagged or quoted.

I get an alert for either of those, then I automatically watch if I choose to reply.
I assume it'd have a setting in preferences similar to:

"Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
and receive email notifications of replies"​

I don't disagree - that's why I described it as "a mechanism for automatically watching...". But there are times when I'm quoted or tagged and for whatever reason I don't reply then and there, and for that reason I think it might be better if I was automatically subscribed to the thread. YMMV

Top Bottom