Lack of interest Watched threads / Resources Favourites

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Morgain

This is becoming more importantly needed now XF is becoming busier and it will only get worse/ better as time goes on. So other busy forums clearly need it too.
The combined interest of both threads and Resources creates quite a long list - I have 4 pages of Resource links so far and over 50 pages of threads!

[EDIT] I already solemnly followed a thread over several pages as we all discussed the need for a certain feature ... only for Martok to blessedly post the link to an addon AND I discovered I was already Watching it!

To make it useful Favourites need categorisation.
I'm not sure if division into threads, posts, and Resources, really matters to the user. What really matters as always is CONTENT - whether the solution I want is an addon, a template change, a tutorial, a Style or an external link is not of such great interest as the topic area.
But there may be limitations on such a 'miscellaneous' approach pooling all favourites, as I know searches seem to search one type or another.

We might perhaps have virtual folders or tags such as

PRIORITY
Snippets (Code snippets given in posts or Resources)
Styles
Just Watching (for the rest not selected for the above)

and others similar to those used for Resources.

If we had default categories it might be good to have ability to Hide some if the list was more than half a dozen.
Or else ability to create our own categories.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is becoming more importantly needed now XF is becoming busier and it will only get worse/ better as time goes on. So other busy forums clearly need it too.
The combined interest of both threads and Resources creates quite a long list - I have 4 pages of Resource links so far and over 50 pages of threads!

To make it useful Favourites need categorisation.
I'm not sure if division into threads, posts, and Resources, really matters to the user. What really matters as always is CONTENT - whether the solution I want is an addon, a template change, a tutorial, a Style or an external link is not of such great interest as the topic area.
But there may be limitations on such a 'miscellaneous' approach pooling all favourites, as I know searches seem to search one type or another.

We might perhaps have virtual folders or tags such as

PRIORITY
Snippets (Code snippets given in posts or Resources)
Styles
Just Watching (for the rest not selected for the above)

and others similar to those used for Resources.

If we had default categories it might be good to have ability to Hide some if the list was more than half a dozen.
Or else ability to create our own categories.

Wouldn't Syndols bookmarks features be of interest to you for marking favourites? I understand Mike just added a hook yesterday after syndol requested for hook location in the RM for his bookmark add-on so I'm guessing since this is added syndol may be working on adding a bookmark function. I'm replying mainly to RM Favs and as an alternative if this isn't added or your waiting for it to be added though we'll be waiting still for the next release and for Syndol to add in the feature.

Edit: here's the confirmation of the hook being added http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hooks.47126/

Edit 2: Bare in mind the hook and update hasn't been released yet in the way of an update and Syndol has not implemented yet at the time of posting.

Wouldn't Syndols bookmarks features be of interest to you for marking favourites? I understand Mike just added a hook yesterday after syndol requested for hook location in the RM for his bookmark add-on

Absolutely Shelley - but it's not on my own forums I feel the need as they are very small. It's here on the mothership it's most urgently needed.

Top Bottom