Cannot reproduce Watched thread alerts

John

Just noticed I'm not receiving any alerts for my watched threads although I have it set to display in my account settings here. Not sure if it's just me or anyone else has noticed this.

You will only ever receive one alert for each thread since you last read it.

You may have not been around for a few days and the alert has expired, or you previously ignored an alert for that thread, so you won't get subsequent alerts until you visit the thread again.

You will only ever receive one alert for each thread since you last read it.

You may have not been around for a few days and the alert has expired, or you previously ignored an alert for that thread, so you won't get subsequent alerts until you visit the thread again.
It's an alert for a thread that I haven't visited today (my resource thread, btw), and the reply that should have triggered an alert was posted just 30 minutes before I viewed it. These were working yesterday...see my screen grabs:

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 6.25.26 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 6.25.00 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 6.51.10 PM.webp

Last edited:
Nothing changed from yesterday code wise.

It may be something attached to the automated post. It's hard to know in hind sight, but was the thread marked as read after you did the update? If so, then that shouldn't be the issue. If not, then that's the reason (as that post would've been considered as new still.)

I don't recall how it was marked after I did the update Mike, but I did just get an alert for a reply made to it two hours ago when I logged in here just now. I'm on a different computer now than I was last night but I'm not sure that would have any bearing...

Top Bottom