Watch Media Gallery

jauburn

Is there a way to "watch" the Media Gallery in the same way that one can "watch" a forum or thread?

If not, I think that would be a neat feature. That way, members could be notified when a media item is added to the Media Gallery.

You can watch individual media items for new comments.

You can watch albums for new comments, new items being added or both.

You can watch categories for new items being added.

Typically the link to watch these things is in the top right corner (above the media items / below the sorting tabs) when viewing it, e.g. when viewing an album:
upload_2015-6-11_21-47-45.webp

You can watch individual media items for new comments.

You can watch albums for new comments, new items being added or both.

You can watch categories for new items being added.

Typically the link to watch these things is in the top right corner (above the media items / below the sorting tabs) when viewing it, e.g. when viewing an album:
View attachment 108263

So I guess, then, let me put in a request for a watch on the level of the media gallery itself (top level).

Maybe to the left of RSS Feed?

That wouldn't make any sense.

You can watch specific media, albums or categories. You can't watch the entire Gallery, nor would you want to, on a busy gallery at least.

What you're requesting essentially is equivalent to having a watch link on the forum list that allows you to watch all forums in one go.

You just need to go to each category or album you're interested and watch each one.

That wouldn't make any sense.

You can watch specific media, albums or categories. You can't watch the entire Gallery, nor would you want to, on a busy gallery at least.

What you're requesting essentially is equivalent to having a watch link on the forum list that allows you to watch all forums in one go.

You just need to go to each category or album you're interested and watch each one.

Understood.

My gallery is not that busy, and I guess I was just wondering how I might be notified when something in it changed.

Top Bottom