Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
Can you open a conversation and provide a screenshot of the warning options configuration, and the test users permissions? (the "view warning issuer permission)

I just tested and it didn't fix the issue, unfortunately.
Nor mine.

Can you open a conversation and provide a screenshot of the warning options configuration, and the test users permissions? (the "view warning issuer permission)
This is Options->'Warning improvements'? And I'm not sure what 'test users permissions' is?

Edit: ah I got it now! Changed 'Registered' group to 'View warning issuer' -- Yes

Problem fixed!

Last edited:
There is a per-warning definition option to define a conversation template and if it is used by default

There is a per-warning definition option to define a conversation template and if it is used by default
what I would like to see is the option to send an email whenever a warning or ban is given, regardless if a private conversation is started

The email is only sent if there is a conversation, sending an email without that is a lot more work which frankly isn't worth it

The email is only sent if there is a conversation, sending an email without that is a lot more work which frankly isn't worth it
It is worth it if you consider ban and warning should be justified by email to not have legal issues
Let me know if you can make it otherwise I will need to hire someone for that

Last edited:
I'm running 2.5.9, so it seems I need to update. However, I come with a question on logging actions.

The add-on has been great, and we've utilized the function to put a thread in the indicated forum for when warnings are issued. But, we have a problem that a moderator is removing warnings afterward. I'm struggling with permissions on how he has access to do so, as he has the following:

General moderator permissions >
  • View warnings details = Yes (ok)
  • Give warnings directly = Yes (ok)
  • Delete all warnings = No (ok) << Can't delete, but is this for ALL and deleting ONE is controlled elsewhere?
  • View warning actions = Yes (ok)
  • Edit warning actions = No (ok) << this is editing suspension durations

Forum moderator permissions >
- Give warnings on posts = No << This should be yes for moderators, unless it would allow them to warn on posts in all forums and we are controlling it with node permissions.

= = = =

Never tried Analyze node permissions, but gave it a whirl on SLR + Atelier3
- Give warnings on posts = Yes << So, my thought above was correct, we control it via node permissions so they don't infract across forums

= = = = =

Went instead to ACP > Groups & Permissions > Moderators and checked his perms, nothing seems amiss

Went to ACP > User > Search for user and looked at his account specifically, nothing seems amiss

So, I'm not sure where he is gaining the ability to edit-delete a warning. Any guidance is helpful. However, my main reason for coming here is that I realized, other than the thread-in-forum for issuing a warning, I cannot find any log that records edits or removal of warnings. Does this exist somewhere I haven't checked? It isn't in the standard XF logs of 'user change' or 'moderator'. Thank you.

= = = = = =

EDIT: Isn't there some law about asking a question and immediately having the answer magically appear?

The issuing (Post author given warning), editing (I presume), and removal (Post author warning removed) ARE recorded in the moderator log. I just read the logs too fast, and not far enough back.

The question of HOW he has permission to do this is still open, though, so again any help is valued. Thank you.

Last edited:
With Warning Improvements 2.5.9 running on Xenforo 2.2.5, the "{points}" warning conversation placeholder no longer works to show the person's warning point total; it always returns 0 now. The "{warning_points}" placeholder still works to provide the number of warning points of the current warning and I don't know of any other placeholders currently having problems, only "{points}".

OK, I disabled all addons, then re-enabled Standard Library 1.6.0 and Warning Improvements 2.5.9. I then issued a warning to a test user with 3 existing warning points. I set the number of warning points to be issued with this new warning to 2 points.
Within the Member Notification for the warning is this text string:
Code:
You have received [b]{warning_points}[/b] warning point(s) along with this warning, and currently have a total of [b]{points}[/b] warning point(s).
In the resulting conversation started with the user, this is what that outputs:
Code:
You have received [B]2[/B] warning point(s) along with this warning, and currently have a total of [B]0[/B] warning point(s).

Just as a reminder, the user had 3 existing still active warning points before this warning, and this warning itself was of course set to 2 points (properly reflected by the "warning_points" value).

Also, to be clear, this all was working previously at one point when I set it up several months back, it seems to have been broken at some point since then.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom