Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] DOMDocument::loadXML(): Empty string supplied as input in src/XF/Util/Xml.php at line 37
  1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. DOMDocument->loadXML() in src/XF/Util/Xml.php at line 37
  3. XF\Util\Xml::open() in src/XF/Util/Xml.php at line 20
  4. XF\Util\Xml::openFile() in src/XF/AddOn/DataType/AbstractDataType.php at line 53
  5. XF\AddOn\DataType\AbstractDataType->openTypeFile() in src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php at line 60
  6. XF\Job\AddOnData->run() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 253
  7. XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 195
  8. XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry() in src/XF/Job/Manager.php at line 111
  9. XF\Job\Manager->runByIds() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 120
  10. XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
  14. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2190
  15. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
  16. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Hi Xon - I gave a warning with a public warning included, but I made a grammatical error. How can I edit the public warning? :)

Sadly you need to delete it and re-issue.

Yes, editing warnings has been a feature request both here and on my own forums, and just has never been that huge a priority.

Are you, by any chance, modifying the "Reports" link with your add-on? This is the latest add-on I have installed since a few months and now my "Reports" link is duplicated (only on mobile):
1606581580661.png

Only happens with an active report, too.

Last edited:
Report Centre Essentials and Moderator Essentials is the only one which touches that area.

You probably need to inspect each template modification for PAGE_CONTAINER to see if they are duplicating the report queue link, but it is a pain todo that

Warnings/Bans with time-based expiry are now be removed on the 1st visit after the expiry time, rather than needing to wait for the hourly cron task to run.
This also seems to be broken...

User was supposed to be unbanned @ 09:51:
1615972206897.webp

He was spotted refreshing quite furiously after that time, but was still banned:
1615972290245.webp

I had to manually run the hourly cron task to get him unbanned (or it would have been @ 10:45 with the cronjob)

Hope that is enough information to be useful for you.

We never use bans directly, our crew can only use the warning system and users get banned via the configured Warning Actions.

This user also got temporarly banned from a Warning Action since he triggered the configured "Points threshold" (points 15; action Ban; Time period 2 days) from receiving a warning.

Top Bottom