SELECT `TABLE_SCHEMA`, `AUTO_INCREMENT`
FROM  INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES
WHERE `TABLE_NAME`   = 'xf_sv_warning_category';
Sent you pm!

Xon updated Warning Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.4.7 - Bugfix update

• Fix missing phrase when blocking deleting the last warning category
  • Rework warning category deleting to ensure cleanup happens atomically
  • Fix handling warnings being removed when the linked category/warning action have been deleted
  • Ensure orphaned warning actions are cleaned up on upgrade
  • Disable change logging of sv_pending_warning_expiry state flag

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Xon

When I visit a particular user's profile, the tabs on their profile do not load properly. The tabs open in a new window also.

So I checked the console and it's showing an error:
core-compiled.js?_v=957b47fa:356 Tabs and panes contain different totals: 6 tabs, 7 panes
init @ core-compiled.js?_v=957b47fa:356
core-compiled.js?_v=957b47fa:357 Tabs: k.fn.init(6), Panes: k.fn.init(7)

I searched XenForo to find someone else had a similar issue on page 13 of this thread. That led me to disable the add-on which fixed the issue.

Edit:

So I spoke to the member and found that the member can see an extra tab that I can't see as an admin. The tab is called "Warning Actions". So I looked over template medications and found Warning Actions (Header) and Warning Actions (Body), I disabled both and the profile worked fine for me.

There's definitely something messed up here between the admin and the user.

Last edited:
This is very likely a compatibility issue triggered by another add-on applying template modifications to the member_view template. Can you report what other add-ons are touching this template? Please try disabling other add-ons besides Warning Improvements and see if it resolves.

So I spoke to the member and found that the member can see an extra tab that I can't see as an admin. The tab is called "Warning Actions". So I looked over template medications and found Warning Actions (Header) and Warning Actions (Body), I disabled both and the profile worked fine for me.
Ensure you have "View Warning Actions" permission and that tab should show up for you as well.

Ensure you have "View Warning Actions" permission and that tab should show up for you as well.

So setting the "View Warning Actions" permission to yes for the moderating usergroup fixed my issue as an admin.

Although I'm not sure why it's enabled for the user by default but not for the admin/mod too. I did look over the registered usergroup to find the "View Warning Actions" permission was set to no. So must be hardcoded for the user to view his/hers own warning actions via their profile, which causes this issue. Seems a bit confusing, no?

Suggestion:

When updating or deleting a warning it should give you the option to add a message to the warning conversation.

Suggestion:

When giving a warning, the "Message" field under "Member Notification" should have the toolbar available.

Suggestion:

When giving a warning, the "Message" field under "Member Notification" should have the toolbar available.
This can be consider consider an XF bug that the warning conversation body supports bb-code but doesn't have the rich-text editor enabled.

I plan to review this add-on when porting to XF2.2, so might be able to get it done then

Last edited:
Hey Xon,

Does this plugin include a way to leave a public warning message on a post without giving a warning to the user - like just from editing a post?

Okay. Would you be able to include custom ban reasons to be issued when the user is about to get banned from a warning?

Btw, just been testing this on my forum. It seems like the warning action for banning a user are not getting logged in the warning actions list.

That is expected, the warning action list is just what XF stores and bans interact fairly complexly with the warning behaviour

Would it be possible to call the functions to create a warning action before executing the ban functions in the workflow?

Top Bottom