Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
Is Post a public warning a feature of this addon or XenForo? This does not seem to work on article thread format. Haven't tried on Suggestion or Question threads yet. I was filing a bug report for XenForo and then realized that this might be the right place for it?

"Post a public warning" is a XenForo stock feature, so might be an XF bug where it isn't showing the warning banner on the first post for those thread types

Hmmm i uploaded all the contents in my forum folder but don't see it on my add ons. Im betting I did something wrong Im assuming correct?

Hmmm i uploaded all the contents in my forum folder but don't see it on my add ons. Im betting I did something wrong Im assuming correct?
Alternatively to uploading via FTP, you can just install direct from within xenForo ACP

You just go to Addons, click on upgrade install from Archive button at the top.

You need to have this line in your config.php file to enable this

$config['enableAddOnArchiveInstaller'] = true;

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
Here is a possible bug report. On mobile display. If you are trying to change points or duration for custom warning using the +/- buttons, focus keeps shifting to custom warning text box. Not sure if this is something xenforo needs to fix or this add-on.

Is it possible if I ban a user via the ACP that a theme is also created? Or is it possible and have not found the settings?

Ban User.webp

We're having issues with warning emails not being sent.

Edit: We use Andy's Email Log and haven't noticed issues with any other emails going out. Emails simply are not being sent for warnings even with the box for "Force conversation email..." ticked.

We're having issues with warning emails not being sent.

Edit: We use Andy's Email Log and haven't noticed issues with any other emails going out. Emails simply are not being sent for warnings even with the box for "Force conversation email..." ticked.
Make sure "Respect receive site mailings setting" is unchecked as well

@Xon Absolutely incredible plugin for the amazing price of free. This is to be honest something I'd pay for, so kudos to you.

As it's free, I'd like to just share some improvements I've made which I feel would help new users of this plugin, feel free to ignore but I think it just helps overall.

Changes to warning_sumary.message which for those who do not know, changes the output when you select a thread to reply to/create when a warning is issued, very handy to keep track of issued warnings.
To make the message cleaner and crisp;

Old:
Code:
{warning_points} points to @{username} for [url='{warning_link}']{warning_title}[/url], {report}
Content: {content_link}
{notes}
View:

New:
Code:
[b]Staff Member:[/b] @{staff}
[b]User Warned:[/b] @{username}

[b]Warning Reason:[/b] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][i][b]{warning_title}[/b][/i][/COLOR]
[b]Warning Points:[/b] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][i][b]{points}[/b][/i][/COLOR]

[b]Warning Details:[/b] {warning_link}
[b]Warning URL:[/b] {url}

[b]Is this from a report?:[/b] {report}

[b]Notes:[/b]
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][b]{notes}[/b][/COLOR]
View:

Changes to warning messages sent:
Old:
I don't even remember

New:
Code:
Dear [B]{name}[/B],

You have been issued a [B]forum warning[/B] by [B]{staff}[/B]. The details are as follows;

[B]Reason:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I][B]{warning_title}[/B][/I][/COLOR]
[B]URL:[/B] {warning_link} - {url}
[B]Points for this warning:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I][B]{points}[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Please try to modify your behaviour. Your access to our site could be restricted if you cross a thresh-hold of points that gains a ban.

If you feel you have been warned incorrectly, please [URL='#URL#']appeal[/URL] this on the ban appeal section.
[B]Please do not reply to this message. [/B]

Kind regards,
Staff.
View:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this reported issue might either be caused by this addon, or can at least be reproduced with it with this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-activity-text-when-user-viewing-own-warning.171825/

Has anyone else seen it and is it a bug with this addon?
If user viewing own warning issued by moderator, XF displays in activity text "Performing moderation duties". This can embarrassment administrators or moderators (unknown user "Performing moderation duties"? what? i made mistake when setting permissions?) when they just checks what users doing right now.
This is from Warning Improvements, will be fixed in the next version

Xon updated Warning Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.5.3 - Bugfix & minor feature update

• Fix ensure the 'pending expiry' flag is kept consistent, reducing unexpected queries
  • Fix deleting warning categories
  • Add basic flood-check to prevent issuing duplicate warnings against the one bit of content
  • Add feature 'censor warning title' for users without the new 'Bypass warning title censor' permission, supports regex removal of chunks of warning titles
  • New replaceable 'warning_title_uncensored' for conversations & notification posts. 'warning_title' is censored...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Small question: Is it possible to leave Warning date format empty so it fetches the Date format from the user-specific language? I currently don't understand why this should be site-wide instead of simply using the users language setting.

Date format for which user? The moderator giving the warning or the user receiving the warning?

The user receiving the warning (as they are the one receiving the alert), pretty similar to how the conversation title and content is being fetched for the receiving user as well.

Top Bottom