1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Warning Button Doesn't Appear Anywhere

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by UKD, Sep 29, 2013.

1. UKD

UKD Active Member

For some reason I can not view a warn button anywhere, this includes posts from other members, their profile accounts and any other places you are supposed to see a warning button/text. I am the administrator of the site and I have the correct privileges. The images posted below show my permissions for the administrative user group, the proof that my account is within that group and my post buttons. I am really baffled by this one. It's one of the few things I have left to do/fix before launching my site so if anyone has any ideas it as to how to enable the report feature/button to show it would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Most likely because their secondary user group is Administrative.
  3. UKD

UKD Active Member

As far as I am aware all users should have registered as their primary group and then you add staff/secondary groups which have all option set to 'not set' and you only select allow for permissions not set on registered users, if that makes sense? I have to ability to do everything else such as delete posts, view IP's etc. The only thing I can not do is warn.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood what you were saying, sorry. No, the user I am trying to warn is just a standard member test account. The third image I displayed was that of my admin account I am using/logged into now.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You need to make yourself a moderator in ACP > Users > Moderators. Just giving yourself these permissions does not make you a moderator.
    UKD likes this.
  5. UKD

UKD Active Member

Thank you so very much kind sir :). It turned out I had set the TestAccount to a SuperModerator which meant I could not warn them, not even as the main admin. Thanks again :D.