1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 User Group Promotion doesn't appear to be working...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Liam W, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I have a user group promotion that is supposed to promote people to another usergroup after they've made 1 post.

In the initial user group, people have to have all their posts moderated. Once a post has been approved, they can post without moderation and have access to the rest of the forum.

For some reason, the promotion to the normal member usergroup (the one that they get promoted to after 1 post) doesn't seem to be working - the last few registrations I've had to manually promote.

There aren't any error's anywhere, it's just this promotion doesn't seem to be working.

It looks like other promotions are working, but I can't be sure on that one.

Liam

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Hmm, I just logged in as the user and the promotion was applied. Are promotions only applied to logged in users or something?

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

In 1.2 they are applied during login or if the account has been active within one hour (that Cron runs every hour).

4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Thanks, makes sense.

I actually changed it to run every 5 minutes, so...

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's ok. Not much point though really.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Unless you change the actual code to check for something longer, running it for 5 minutes or hourly won't make much of a difference.

7. Qwest

Qwest Member

What's the benefit of this? (the user having to log in for the promotion to fully take effect).

8. Jeremy

It reduces queries and server load. It will only check for promotions for active users and not run the process on inactive users.

CyclingTribe likes this.
  9. dewanita

dewanita Member

so, is it mean that for promotion group need time to be applied?

10. Jeremy

I'm not sure what you are asking... It doesn't immediately promote users.

11. dewanita

dewanita Member

how long it take effect?