XF 1.5 Warning action with zero points?

CTXMedia

I don't seem to be able to create a warning action that works on zero points - so how can I achieve this please:
  • I want to be able to temporarily exclude members for 3 days from a specific sub-forum, and want to use a warning to do it (to keep it nice and simple for moderators).
  • The warning will trigger a warning action that will put them in a "No xxxx" usergroup, which is set to NEVER perms for that sub-forum - effectively blocking access.
  • When the 3 days is up the warning action will expire and they'll be able to access it again.
HOWEVER, I don't want them to accumulate points because that will exclude them from the site - I just want them to be effectively "sin binned" from the sub-forum for a few days and automatically allowed back in one the time is up.

When I try to add the warning action it only seems to be applied at 1 point or more.

How can I achieve the "sin bin" scanrio with the current warning system?

Thanks,
Shaun

Last edited:
Just create a new warning rather than a warning action. You can set the warning to 0 points and add them to the relevant user group, setting the expiry to the desired time.

Sometimes the answer is right under you nose and you just can't see it ...

Triple-Facepalm-Star-Trek.jpg

Top Bottom