1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to buy a Xenforo license today but...

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MKSwni, Jun 15, 2014.

1. MKSwni

MKSwni Member

Hello,

I want to buy a Xenforo license today but I have a question that I need a clear answer on before I make the investment.

I run a forum that was built on a previous license that expired a few months ago, however the administrator who bought that license and installed Xenforo for the forum is no longer with us. Since his license expired and I don't have access to his account that bought the former license, if I buy a license today then can I effectively download the Xenforo update for my forum?

Basically, my license won't be used to install Xenforo, but it would be used to upgrade a forum that was made on a previous license. Is this completely allowable?

Thank you.

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe that is fine.

MKSwni likes this.
  3. MKSwni

MKSwni Member

Thanks for your speedy response. So essentially, when I buy the license I'll have an option to bypass installation and get the upgrade file, right? Which means I can just apply the update as intended and not have to go through the process of installing Xenforo when I don't really need it.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there are two different .zip files - the full and upgrade.

You will be fine to use the upgrade .zip.

MKSwni likes this.
  5. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Yes:

[​IMG]

MKSwni likes this.
  6. MKSwni

MKSwni Member

Alright, thank you.

And just one more question, can I buy the enhanced search feature later or does it have to be purchased with the license?

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It can be purchased anytime.

MKSwni likes this.
  8. MKSwni

MKSwni Member

Just bought the license! Thank you everyone!

petertdavis, Liam W and oman like this.
  9. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Welcome, and enjoy using the product! :)

MKSwni likes this.
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

MKSwni likes this.