Want refund

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Wordpress sucks without a skin so ...... it's on the list.

I really don't want to make this a wordpress thread, so last post on the subject. There are very very very (did I say very?) few skins, (like maybe 1 in 10,000) which will make wordpress difficult to customize. So your comment really shows lack of expertise with wp.

I really don't want to make this a wordpress thread, so last post on the subject. There are very very very (did I say very?) few skins, (like maybe 1 in 10,000) which will make wordpress difficult to customize. So your comment really shows lack of expertise with wp.
I have to agree. I've never ever had any difficulty customizing WP, no matter what skin I'm using (usually my own).

splitting_hairs[1].webp
splitting hairs.

Xenforo is easy too.
I didnt find my last skin very easy to customize.
It took work just to disable comments.

Just for the records sake : XenForo is friggin AWESEOME & even a non-techie can customize it. I've never been impressed by any software so much.

Is the OP serious?

XF is the easiest forum software I have used in terms of customization, I mean it's so neatly arranged and organized that it makes our job easier than stealing candy for babies while customizing... It takes time to get used to any new system of working with customization and XF was the easiest to get used to.

I don't know if the OP has had experience customizing other softwares, if he would have had some experience he wouldn't have started this thread.

Xen is extremely customizable. It's almost fun to play with this software....alright it is fun. A lot of us can provide good examples showing such.

image.png

So I'm giving up on Xenforo.
It has some neat features but in terms of customizability it fails completely.

The template system is ridiculous. Having to switch back and worth between pages to edit colors is retarded. I want one page or file that makes it clear and simple enough what you are editing. Why not let us edit a single CSS file?

If you have the patience to mess with it and learn the darn thing, good for you.

A warning to anyone thinking of buying this product: its great if you want a cookie cutter site but if you want to really customize the layout and design... good luck with all the hard coded template functionalities.

Maybe I'll come back to Xen in the future if the template system is simplified but until then, I'm going back to FREE alternatives.

So, how does one get a refund around here?

I know nothing about coding and I've made 4 sites already, you have to be kidding...

LOL, the user opened a thread and disappeared. Boy, you guys have amazing energy trying to convince someone not to get a refund... :ROFLMAO:
Methinks it was a troll anyway. I find it hard to believe anyone can be so... uneducated... to put it nicely.

LOL, the user opened a thread and disappeared. Boy, you guys have amazing energy trying to convince someone not to get a refund... :ROFLMAO:

Not sure how many are trying to stop him but lot of post actually are trying to argue his comment by actually showing how easy it is to work with design system in xenforo .

Like any system, learning how to use it requires that you make an actual attempt to do so.

The OP clearly had no real intention of doing so, even when it was explained by me and others in his previous thread.

My staff whom I have NO EXPERIENCE in HTML or any sort of programming are able to customize layouts with Xen.
I'd like to say 'It's so easy a Monkey could do it.'

I've not bothered to start fully customizing the site but I'm not really understanding your complaint. All the .CSS files are so easy to find with the appearance section in the admin panel. The color palette area is pretty straight forward but obviously if you want a superior custom look and feel to ANY forum you ARE going to have to put in some sweat and elbow grease.

But the only close to legitimate complaint I saw was 'it's not all on one page.'
However that's not a really good excuse.... You're telling us it lacks your level of expectations in customizing templates but you're annoyed when you found out you can't do it all from a single page? I've rarely run into software where I can make a one of a kind layout without visiting more than one page.

Edit: VonDoom beat me to the It's so easy a *insert slow creature here* could do it. lol

We're not just good....we're damn good. (y)

We will maintain a reasonable policy regarding requests for refunds. We reserve the right to refuse a refund or to apply a partial refund. An administration charge may be applied where a refund is offered.

...I think the community exercised that right rofl

The only thing XenForo is missing, is a point and click interface for images.... ie... Adding images without editing the ccs code manually. vBulletin has one (though it is confusing at times), IPB has one, and phpBB has one as well.

If there is one in XenForo .... I confess I've not yet come over it.

The only thing XenForo is missing, is a point and click interface for images.... ie... Adding images without editing the ccs code manually. vBulletin has one (though it is confusing at times), IPB has one, and phpBB has one as well.

If there is one in XenForo .... I confess I've not yet come over it.
There really is no need for one, and it would actually make it less extensive to do that imo.

Hell, all you need to do for images is @imagePath/path/to/image and its there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom