Virtual Currency

I have an idea. I want to put my students in teams, just like as if they were in a business team starting a business. There will be an investor, entrepreneur, marketer/sales, logistics, accounting, etc.

Each investor will be giving 1000 currency points. They will need to decide how much to pay each employee and how to award or punish (give or take points) based on performance. Each employee can use their points to award or punish service providers in the team or from other teams in the class.

When people are active on the forums they also earn points.

Does this sound possible using any of the current add-ons?

Can the "investors" or "entrepreneurs" in the group give awards to the other team members?

Dustin

This is a great idea, first of all. What I'm thinking is that you could use the Credits addon by *******. I don't use it, so I'm riffing off of what I can see in the pictures of it.

You will need to sort your students into respective usergroups. First, tell Credits to automatically start members of the Investor usergroup at 1000 points; I believe you can do that by usergroup. If that's not an option, you can do it manually per a username. Next, disable all points (unless you'd like them) for everything but the activity settings you want, transactions, and likes. Players get paid from other players by using the "transfer" function (be sure to take off the tax settings!).

I'm not sure about what you're thinking for "punishing" behavior. Do they still end up with a positive amount, or are you saying that they can take away from points they have?

Doesn't cover being actoive earning points though. Maybe that could be linked to Trophies? They can be awarded for number of posts.

I'm sure I;ve seen this particular request several times already. Time for bed.

Doesn't cover being actoive earning points though. Maybe that could be linked to Trophies? They can be awarded for number of posts.

I'm sure I;ve seen this particular request several times already. Time for bed.
You can set Credits system for being active -- logging in per a day, posting, liking, etc, and setting those values.

This is a great idea, first of all. What I'm thinking is that you could use the Credits addon by *******. I don't use it, so I'm riffing off of what I can see in the pictures of it.

You will need to sort your students into respective usergroups. First, tell Credits to automatically start members of the Investor usergroup at 1000 points; I believe you can do that by usergroup. If that's not an option, you can do it manually per a username. Next, disable all points (unless you'd like them) for everything but the activity settings you want, transactions, and likes. Players get paid from other players by using the "transfer" function (be sure to take off the tax settings!).

I'm not sure about what you're thinking for "punishing" behavior. Do they still end up with a positive amount, or are you saying that they can take away from points they have?

Thanks for your reply. Can you send me a screen shot showing how to do this in Credits? I don't know if perhaps I didn't install my add on correctly because I don't see how I can tell Credits to automatically start members of a usergroup with 1000 points. And I can't figure out how to invite people into usergroups.

Dustin

I don't have Credits on my own site unfortunately, so I can't really say what the settings would be.

I did notice that it said that you could set the starting amount of credits, but that may be global... If so, you'll probably have to go in and manually edit each relevant profile and give them credits like that (or give yourself a huge amount and then transfer it to them).

As for your usergroups question: Admin CP>Users>List User Groups. Edit any profile and you can add them to a usergroup!

Top Bottom