1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vimeo Plus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Liam W, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I'm pondering on whether or not to invest in a Vimeo+ account.

I don't have the money currently, but I could get it. Does anyone here use Vimeo+?

It would be for official forum videos (I'm starting a 'Have you seen...?' forum detailing and demonstrating forum features), so I have a feeling it would be worthwhile.

So, like I said, does anyone here have Vimeo+, and if so, what do you think of it?

Liam

2. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

WHy not use Youtube? They are allowing 10 min + videos these days. They have removed the limit.

3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I can't be bothered with all the accounts, mainly.

4. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

I do the $9.95 a month thing just to be able to use it for a couple high quality videos for my drone site.

IMHO, there is absolutely NO comparison with youtube. Vimeo videos are much better - plus the lack of ads all around them or inside them, etc.

If quality matters and you have the cash, vimeo is the way to go.....

Hit full screen on this and take a look:

That was taken with an $80 video cam also....

Shelley likes this.
  5. Anpanman

Anpanman Member

The other advantage of Vimeo is that they don't have the ridiculous music licensing restrictions or region blocking that YouTube has. I can't count the number of times I've tried uploading something to YouTube only to have it rejected due to a small music clip in the background.

6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

That does look crispier I have to admit. Out of curiosity how much do youtube charge for the same service?

7. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Youtube does not offer better service that I know of (paid service). I have seen some very high quality youtube stuff but my assumption is that it starts off as ultra-high quality (movie trailers, etc.) and is uploaded with certain specs.

In short, it's hard to get good quality there for the layman. It's good enough for the basics, but not to show off capabilities of a cam, etc.

I think you CAN get good qualityin youtube, but it's harder......vimeo does it automatically.

Shelley likes this.
  8. Allen

Allen Active Member

What, you got a $$$ tree out back? :eek: :D

9. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

I have no issue doing 1080p HD on YouTube.

10. OSS 117

OSS 117 Well-Known Member

You get dumbass posters with YouTube. Vimeo is aimed for professionally minded people.

11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

You only pay $60 if you pay annually.

craigiri likes this.