Vimeo Plus

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I'm pondering on whether or not to invest in a Vimeo+ account.

I don't have the money currently, but I could get it. Does anyone here use Vimeo+?

It would be for official forum videos (I'm starting a 'Have you seen...?' forum detailing and demonstrating forum features), so I have a feeling it would be worthwhile.

So, like I said, does anyone here have Vimeo+, and if so, what do you think of it?

Liam

I do the $9.95 a month thing just to be able to use it for a couple high quality videos for my drone site.

IMHO, there is absolutely NO comparison with youtube. Vimeo videos are much better - plus the lack of ads all around them or inside them, etc.

If quality matters and you have the cash, vimeo is the way to go.....

Hit full screen on this and take a look:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That was taken with an $80 video cam also....

The other advantage of Vimeo is that they don't have the ridiculous music licensing restrictions or region blocking that YouTube has. I can't count the number of times I've tried uploading something to YouTube only to have it rejected due to a small music clip in the background.

I do the $9.95 a month thing just to be able to use it for a couple high quality videos for my drone site.

IMHO, there is absolutely NO comparison with youtube. Vimeo videos are much better - plus the lack of ads all around them or inside them, etc.

That does look crispier I have to admit. Out of curiosity how much do youtube charge for the same service?

Youtube does not offer better service that I know of (paid service). I have seen some very high quality youtube stuff but my assumption is that it starts off as ultra-high quality (movie trailers, etc.) and is uploaded with certain specs.

In short, it's hard to get good quality there for the layman. It's good enough for the basics, but not to show off capabilities of a cam, etc.

I think you CAN get good qualityin youtube, but it's harder......vimeo does it automatically.

You only pay $60 if you pay annually.

Top Bottom