Very very very bad editor design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sound of it you don't need me here. :) From what I've heard the editor is significantly easier to style than the previous editor thus making it easier for people to style it which will be very easy for them. Not only that, and correct me if I'm wrong here but i'm sure i heard you can style this editor via the style properties making it even easier.

Take for example the previous editor and dark styles. How many partial designed tinymce editors on dark styles have you seen? practically all. The only two people that has fully styled the tinymce editor that i know of his myself and forsaken. This is because the previous editor is just such a pain to style (believe that). This editor I expect will be very easy to style for dark backgrounds and none of the adverse affects you get with tinymce or with the spritesheet as @Sheldon demonstrated that by posting re-coloured sprites for redactor in the RM.

When I personally get my hands on it i'll be styling it to my preference (replacing all icons with my own design) and I know it will be easier since the icons in tinymce spans on 2 spritesheets and individual images making it significantly harder and more work for the user.

Is the OP actually referring to the design? They don't go into much what they don't like and feel is very bad. If it's the visual then this can be changed easily, much easier than it would be had you tried to style tinymce.

I believe @Shertran was refering to your fantastic icons. :)

If it can be done without bloat (and I have every confidence in KAM), then "The benefits of keeping both sides happy are no longer outweighed by the overwhelming code bloat " (using the option from the user session would not require additional queries, that's the beauty of XenForo Design)

I don't think the users with a preference for the older editor would expect the TinyMice bugs to be fixed (think?)

I'm not even sure how common those users are, but if there is a large enough population, then maybe it should be something that "would ever happen" ... listening to the customers, etc. (by the way, I'm sitting on the fence, the new editor for me might be better, but it's not polished yet, the look/feel, few bugs, personally I just want an editor with sub/super text options, which is very important in maths/chemistry/educational forums)

Last edited:
Not to mention the amount of work required to fix all the outstanding bugs in TinyMCE, which were moved to the resolved forum as the editor is no longer used.

It's not something which would ever happen.

the outstanding bugs in TinyMCE => the incomplete integration of the XenForo html<=> bbcode parser.
The output code from TinyMCE is html, whereas there is an option in Redactor to synchronize the output code to the textarea which gives a "raw code". I'm not sure if XenForo integrations uses this but the "bug" (incomplete integration) is still there (see the edit) since the pollution of html tags are not cleaned in Bb Codes output .
Ie:
Code:
[b]test[/b]
[b]test2[/b]
Instead of:
Code:
[b]test
test2[/b]

It would be nice one day to have the honesty to recognize this instead of blaming an external script.

Edit: Mike seems to have been working on this since saturday. The parser has been fixed/completed.

I am missing a brigher red.
Also the Underline of the Colorchooser should show the actually color (If that is possible)

The only question i have is if its possible to add BBCode like Tables?

I believe @Shertran was refering to your fantastic icons. :)

I just re-edited the starting part of that post it never sounded right and after reading it it looks like a dummy was thrown out, still doesn't sound right :D Hopefully @Sheratan knew what I was saying. But what I was trying to say was with Redactor being that much easier to work with many people will be changing the icons where before they wouldn't because of the previous editor being a pia. Hopefully that makes more sense. :P

That's right. :D

I'm waiting for a new icon resource for Redactor from @Shelley :LOL:

hehehe sorry about the orginal post I did re-edit as it didn't come accross right but hopefully my post previous to your one explains it. With regards to a new spritesheet (custom icons) I'll certainly be providing a few but i honestly believe they'll be better looking ones submitted by the community (like CyberAP - great designer) Sheldon, Kim, Forsaken, Arty, John and many more. But I'll definitely be making a few releases and enhancements for Redactor when I get my grubby little paws on it. :p :D

hehehe sorry about the orginal post I did re-edit as it didn't come accross right but hopefully my post previous to your one explains it. With regards to a new spritesheet (custom icons) I'll certainly be providing a few but i honestly believe they'll be better looking ones submitted by the community (like CyberAP - great designer) Sheldon, Kim, Forsaken, Arty, John and many more. But I'll definitely be making a few releases and enhancements for Redactor when I get my grubby little paws on it. :p :D
Hey, no problem. We have a lot of great designer here. (y)

-edit-
And I'm sorry for my previous post... it's sure make some confusion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom