verticalscope.com?

Hope you don't sell steven.
I don't think they could pay me enough.

Oh wait.
Pay off my mortgage. Build my house on a bigger lot with a 6 car garage and lift for my new cars that I paid with cash.
Enough money in the bank so I can live off the interest.
Yeah. I could be bought. :)

Exactly, business is business, unfortunately customers, users, your community, your faithful contributors, the public and those who just lurk and read are all affected in some way, but as an owner, if a buyer is making an offer you can't refuse that will improve your life, you can't turn down the opportunity if the price is right.

Ya kow, when I came into this thread, I was thinking, "hey, I know that company!"

So, basically, I know its a legit business. I don't like it, but that doesn't distract from it being a fact.

And likewise, at first I thought you were talking about www.verticalsports.com which bought all the class of sports...which is a good business move on their part. Very good.

LOL that is a good opening strategy, but you blew it by starting this thread that they are most likely reading now.
Actually, no. Not necessarily. If someone is really, really serious about buying a website, they will keep trying until the deal is made. I did the same with www.codforums.com - he wasn't really interested in selling at first, until one day he decided "give him a price you want" and so I bought it.

Doesn't matter. Selling my site is like selling my dog.
Not really. If you want to sell your site because you want the site to be in the hands of someone that can take the site to where you wished it to go....It can happen. That is the job of companies like verticalScope.

You would lose a big product, but they can build it bigger than you ever dreamed of. They have the money to spend on marketing the site, do you? Do you see 5 years from now you run this site?

That is not always the case Carlos, IB purchased many forums and destroyed the straight away, in fact many of the owners have filed Federal Lawsuits against them for non-payment.
Then Internet Brands is one $#!^^y company. For a company that big, I don't get how they haven't paid off the various owners.

Not really. If you want to sell your site because you want the site to be in the hands of someone that can take the site to where you wished it to go....It can happen. That is the job of companies like verticalScope.

You would lose a big product, but they can build it bigger than you ever dreamed of. They have the money to spend on marketing the site, do you? Do you see 5 years from now you run this site?
My forum is a niche BMW forum. It covers just one model produced from 1994-1999.
I don't need to market it. It's the only one of it's kind.
If I was to loose interest I see myself partnering with other members to maintain it.

The deal to sell IB to the private equity company stipulates that all lawsuits must be settled before the deal can be finalized.

That is not always the case Carlos, IB purchased many forums and destroyed them straight away, in fact many of the website owners have filed Federal Lawsuits against Internet Brands, Inc. for non-payment.

Was going to say the same, though not just IB but in general. Sometimes even people with lots of funding cannot help a site. They can also end up killing it. I know sites sometimes are VERY close with the admins. And if the admins leave... well the members sometimes leave too.

My forum is a niche BMW forum. It covers just one model produced from 1994-1999.
I don't need to market it. It's the only one of it's kind.
If I was to loose interest I see myself partnering with other members to maintain it.
I wouldn't go that route. I mean, sites that are niche, and have above 2 million posts, and at least 30k members is going to cost them hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands of dollars.

I know a forum that hosts a game website that hosts both a forum, and a library of game music. The bill? The tab that he picks up?

ONE. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

I wouldn't go that route. I mean, sites that are niche, and have above 2 million posts, and at least 30k members is going to cost them hundreds of dollars, maybe even thousands of dollars.

I know a forum that hosts a game website that hosts both a forum, and a library of game music. The bill? The tab that he picks up?

ONE. THOUSAND. DOLLARS.

So there must be a way be makes money back right?

The forum doesn't have a single ad. The site itself, on the other hand, does.

Let me go and find the link so that you're stunned, as I was.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://forums.ffshrine.org/

I don't remember where the game music website is, possibily on the same site, but I'll leave that alone.

Top Bottom