verticalscope.com?

Well if you do sell it some members might be pissed off or feel like they were sold out. That is if they are close to you online and are ready for new changes.

Think of it as IB buying your forums for that price. Would you sell it?

Think of WHY you MADE the forum. Was it because you wanted to gain $$ or to create a community etc.. etc..

That will give you your answer

If you have the traffic for them to want to buy it at the approximate figures which none of us know other then what you mentioned, obviously you have enough traffic that you could make more money off of it to make their offer seem like a waste. If the money that they are offering sounds good then put some more advertising in to the site and make more money off of it is what I am getting at.

Someone pointed out that my site is of a limited production car that was produced for 5 years.
How much longer can it last?
I have thought about some more ads to those logged in as guests and less ads to site supporters.
I've been discussing this with my members. One thought it was an April Fools Joke.
In many ways, I wish it was.

It is your decision entirely. You would be surprised how long a collectors item that was only made for 5 years will last. Look at all the classic cars. You need to decide whether you want to keep it going and make more money from the site or sell it and let them ruin it because that is what they will do. Ya it will still be there but it won't have the same charm and character that others once came there for. Instead it will be plastered with ads and people running it that don't really care other then how much money it is putting in their pockets.

I think if you did the right advertising you could make more then what they are offering you in your 5 year analogy.

Do you have legal counsel ??

If you do not want to pay an attorney just use Escrow.com like I told you and let them handle the transfer, they charge a percentage of the transaction, but you will be protected.

I would give site supporters more incentive and not show them any ads at all, and obviously you are getting great traffic and I would monetize the site better for guests and regular members. Plus you won't be giving up your community and it will be making you a living instead of paying the bills and then some.

I know it is hard to turn down a large amount of cash right here and right now, I am just trying to get you to think about it some more so you feel that you made the right decision for you.

Forum income from adsense and site supporters. If it was 5 years of my day job income that forum would be SOLD in a NY minute.
I guess I do have a price. :)
That sounds about right. I would not even think about it until 10 years worth.. and probably not even then.

You could always do things to increase income without involving VS.

I believe that will be fairly simple to do. I assume that the xf forum in your sig is a slightly older import of the vb forum in your sig, correct? (test import)
The forum that they want to buy is www.318ti.org. It will be a bit longer until it's converted over to XF.
If you do sell, what will you do with the extra free time you will now have?
I don't spend that much time on my forum now. I just make sure software is current and licenses are up-to-date.
It's a good community that needs little baby sitting.

Top Bottom