verticalscope.com?

The forum doesn't have a single ad. The site itself, on the other hand, does.

Let me go and find the link so that you're stunned, as I was.

EDIT: Here ya go: http://forums.ffshrine.org/

I don't remember where the game music website is, possibily on the same site, but I'll leave that alone.
I know OT.. But thats a good looking vB4 site.. Way better then default.. Amazing what a few subtle color changes can do..

vB 4 looks like MyBB, it sucks !!!
Cant argue with that to much actually i dont mind the way vB4 looks.. Im probably in the minority but i do prefer its aesthetics over vB3. Its just a matter of taste i suppose.. But what i was really saying is that particular site looks much better then the default style with a few subtle color changes.

And here's the site that hosts gaming music: http://gh.ffshrine.org and so, I see 3 ads, so I think they've got some sources of income.

Ya the question is if it covers their costs or not. Maybe they get donations.

I guess the main point is large sites can run as long as they make something.

Isn't DP a huge forum, I thought Shawn said he makes boat loads. That he was able to quit is normal job.

Cant argue with that to much actually i dont mind the way vB4 looks.. Im probably in the minority but i do prefer its aesthetics over vB3. Its just a matter of taste i suppose.. But what i was really saying is that particular site looks much better then the default style with a few subtle color changes.

I have not seen a vB 4 forum that I liked yet !!

I hate the user interface, I hate the vB user profiles now days that force you to go to 4 tabs or whatever the amount is now to view user data, I also hate the people running the company.

So there is not a lot for me to like or be proud of there.

I have not seen a vB 4 forum that I liked yet !!

I hate the user interface, I hate the vB user profiles now days that force you to go to 4 tabs or whatever the amount is now to view user data, I also hate the people running the company.

So there is not a lot for me to like or be proud of there.

I do have to agree with most of your points. There are a lot of things that could be cleaned up on vb. It is to that point now though that I don't care what they do with the product. I think for a vb4 site our main site is decent looking but like you mentioned about the profiles. I can't stand them and all they did was introduced even more bugs. Which is why I can't wait for all the features I need are either part of Xenforo or able to be added as mods. For now though the one site I have on vb4 is stuck there.

LOL, that does seem to happen a lot doesn't it?

Steven I am glad to hear that you don't plan on selling out to those corporate monsters.
They have contacted me twice since saying no.
I did tell them how many visits/per month.
Adsense and donation revenue.
And that I can't put a price on the forum.
I am curious what they would offer. :)

I do have to agree with most of your points. There are a lot of things that could be cleaned up on vb. It is to that point now though that I don't care what they do with the product. I think for a vb4 site our main site is decent looking but like you mentioned about the profiles. I can't stand them and all they did was introduced even more bugs. Which is why I can't wait for all the features I need are either part of Xenforo or able to be added as mods. For now though the one site I have on vb4 is stuck there.

By the time they XF has it's features done. vB4 will still be fixing bugs lol....

They have contacted me twice since saying no.
I did tell them how many visits/per month.
Adsense and donation revenue.
And that I can't put a price on the forum.
I am curious what they would offer. :)

It can't hurt to see how much they would offer. Nice to know how much your forum is worth ;)

Top Bottom